• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    Home security: Is there a cheap monitor/digital screen I can buy to setup in different places to view the live streams of my cameras that use ethernet?

    Home security: Is there a cheap monitor/digital screen I can buy to setup in different places to view the live streams of my cameras that use ethernet?


    Is there a cheap monitor/digital screen I can buy to setup in different places to view the live streams of my cameras that use ethernet?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Basically I want a screen that can stay on all the time that shows my camera's feeds that I can just plug an ethernet cable into and off I go.

    submitted by /u/slowtdi
    [link] [comments]

    SPECIFIC IP CAMERA

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    all are REQUIREMENTS below

    • P2P : able to use 3rd party apps, ie no proprietary encryption/software/cloud non-sense. I need to be able to record to any drive on windows 10
    • 1080p
    • night vision
    • outdoor
    • wifi
    • power: usb to microusb
    • motion detection
    • two way audio
    • ptz
    • able to be mounted "in some way" to side of tree/pole/etc ie not to ceiling
    • new

    Tried to find for about a two weeks... no luck :(

    help please.

    submitted by /u/webdougy
    [link] [comments]

    Shed door security suggestions

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    While my shed is at the back od my house, my yard isn't gated so I want to find a way to keep it as secure as I can. Even though I had these padlocks it looks like you can just unscrew the door handle off. Any suggestions on what I can do to further secure it?

    https://imgur.com/a/U3XCnYJ

    submitted by /u/Saint-Warrior
    [link] [comments]

    Detached garage security options

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    Hi all, I am looking to get some help, hopefully I am in the right place. I currently am renting a condo and have a detached garage. The garage is close to my building but I have no view of it and there are other units between mine and my garage. I would like to know what, if any, options are available to keep my garage secure.

    The only entrance to the garage is from the garage door, there are no side doors or windows. The garage door opener is liftmaster, but I'm not sure of the exact make. The problem is even though there is no direct line of sight to my garage from my condo if I am inside my home and accidentally hit the remote control, the door will open. I figured this out because there would be many times that I would go downstairs to the garage and see the door open when I know for a fact I closed it. First I thought it was picking up interference from a neighbor but through enough times of it happen and then testing it to confirm this is what I figured out it was.

    I want to be confident that my garage is secure. I thought about getting a smart garage door opener or something I could access through my phone, but my understanding is that the garage door opener motor would need to be paired with WiFi to do that and the garage is too far from my home to pickup my WiFi signal. Do I have any options here? Or do I just have to rely on my finicky remote?

    submitted by /u/journey_boy
    [link] [comments]

    Podcast on Securing Your Home

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Guest was the Chief Privacy Officer at Royal Bank of Scotland before starting his own firm for high net-worth individuals. Really good and helpful listen, especially as we're all home now.

    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-chris-pierson-steve-curley-cfa-cyber-security-for/id1498151384?i=1000485164096

    submitted by /u/gogators35
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up security cameras with home server?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    I was wondering if there was any benefit to setting up a home server for a camera system.

    I have recently bought a camera system with an NVR . I've seen a lot of people online using a home server with their cameras.

    Im still confused on what a home server does and if it provides some kind of security measures for viewing camera remotely?

    Please and thank you for your help as this is all relatively new to me!

    submitted by /u/Nuclear-Santa
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to use my wyze cams with my home server?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    Have a few of these setup around the house, but I have concerns about using the wyze software. I have my own server, and even an extra router if it's easier to put the cameras on a separate network so they don't clog things up.

    ideally I'd like to have a total of 5-6 of them, and a way to monitor them from my phone/pc. I'd like to setup a few "zones" as well, so if there is motion there I can activate some sort of alarm or notification (near shed).

    is this possible?

    submitted by /u/bringo24
    [link] [comments]

    Best (reasonably priced) Home security system to go well with google nest?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    Hi friends,

    I have a google nest hello doorbell and a google home hub screen. My intention is to get a home security system that could work well with the google ecosystem and make things convenient for me.

    i'd like to cover the windows, doors, motion sensors and water, all of this to be handled conveniently from my phone. Maybe even get an arlo indoor and outdoor video.

    So far i've seen Ooma, SimpliSafe, Abode and such products, but am not able to gauge how well they will work with the ecosystem.

    Thank you for any kind advice in advance.

    submitted by /u/glenlarsonsaldanha
    [link] [comments]

    schlage deadbolt plus ADT

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    I am the victim of a stalker who was bumping my lock. I recently installed a Schlage deadbolt on my door and got an ADT alarm system with motion sensors. Recently, I have been getting paranoid about him getting back in there. How difficult is it to defeat an ADT system and pick a Schlage? (I don't know which model Schlage I have, it cost me around $50 and the locksmith told me they're so hard to pick that trained locksmiths usually just drill them out. I think it's a B560)

    submitted by /u/TasteRepresentative8
    [link] [comments]

    Reactivating Vista 20P

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    We bought a house with a Vista 20P and what looks like a 5882 receiver for all wireless sensors around the house and a wired 6160 control panel.

    When we bought the house, everything was unplugged. I'd like to get this back up and running (without monitoring for now) to arm at night and when we're away. Maybe self-monitoring with Envisalink next.

    I don't have the code or installers code so I'm wondering the best way to do that. Do I just plug it in, hold * # to reset the installer's code and go from there?

    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IWTLEverything
    [link] [comments]

    Alternatives to Simplisafe/Cove/ADT etc. that can deal with below freezing temperatures

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    I am hoping to get a similar system (entry sensors and other accessories) with text or email alerts and possibly remote monitoring via cellular cameras. that would work in an unheated cabin in Minnesota winter weather (average temperatures in the 7°F (-13.9°C) to 24°F (-4.4°C) range)

    any ideas?

    submitted by /u/patrickknightjr
    [link] [comments]

    Are there still privacy concerns regarding the Ring doorbell camera and similar?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Looking around on Google gives me the feeling that most sites wouldn't say anything negative no matter what, but I remember hearing some talk about privacy concerns. It's that still a thing?

    What's a good doorbell camera / security camera that's homeowner installed by a basic diy person but also secure?

    I've seen solutions on other sites that required a networking or programming background, but ain't nobody got time to learn that.

    submitted by /u/nexquietus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment