• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 25, 2020

    Home security: Goodbye chinesium and BlueIris, hello UniFi

    Home security: Goodbye chinesium and BlueIris, hello UniFi


    Goodbye chinesium and BlueIris, hello UniFi

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    After 7 years of running cameras on my own I finally switched to a complete system. It's so nice having cameras that don't require me to use IE7 and an active x control to configure.

    No more keeping a windows pc running for BlueIris.

    The UniFi cameras are nice. The mounts are a bear to work with but the cameras just work. Everything auto updates and the picture quality is very good.

    submitted by /u/cognizantant
    [link] [comments]

    Cancelling ADT before install

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:40 PM PDT

    So I just signed up for ADT under their newest promo to get all the equipment free but the monitoring for the midtier package is around 50 per month. I thought I made a good decision but seems like there's cheaper options to get the same thing out there.

    Since it's not installed yet I'm not actually under contract right? I didn't sign anything, just did a recorded line agreeing to the deposit and saying yes that I understand it's a 3 year contract on the sales call. Does anyone know if I'm able to still cancel?

    Or am I even making a good decision canceling? Can I really just get the same experience (door, window, cameras) for less on other services? Keep in mind I'm not paying for any of the equipment except additional cameras if I want them.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/mattpayne92
    [link] [comments]

    Apt mgr wants Ring gone, what are my rights?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    Hi all, I got a Ring almost immediately after moving to my new apartment in the middle of a high crime area downtown in my city. I got it for many reasons: I'm a single female living alone, I don't know my neighbors and I would like to keep track of packages as the apt complex claims they are not responsible for stolen packages despite them instructing postal workers to just leave them on tenants doors.

    I've gotten notices for covid and general complex news posted on my door before so the complex has been aware that I use the Ring peephole system. I'd like to note that it's the camera points to the stairwell which hardly anyone uses and the elevator is hardly in view of the frame - I'm also at the end of the hall so there's no tenant circulation captured. There is no mention of the prohibition of private security systems nor items placed on the exterior of doorways on the lease.

    Anyways, I just got the following email from them and I would like to reply with a respectful no. However, I live in a big city in California and would like to know my rights since things can escalate pretty quickly here.

    "Good afternoon, X!

    I just wanted to send a courtesy email letting you know that because [the apt complex] is a private building, we do not allow any cameras installed on the premises that are not ours. If you would like to keep your camera inside your apartment, you are more than welcome to however we do not allow cameras outside of the unit that are not ours.

    Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. I've Cc'd [manager] on this email as well.

    Sincerely, X, Assistant Manager"

    Sorry if this doesn't belong in this group but i would love feedback!

    submitted by /u/underdonepotato
    [link] [comments]

    If my alarm goes off as I am leaving and I call the company saying it is a false alarm, will the system still be armed or will they disarm it?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    Just moved into a new home with a DSC/ADT alarm system. Need help configuring

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    Just moved in and no information or code was left about the alarm system. There is a DSC panel by the front door, an ADT Focus 32 sealed box down in the basement along with a big DSC PTC1640 plug in the basement. I assume all 3 are linked to the alarm system but really thats as much as i know.

    I don't want the system to be monitored by a company but i'd like to use it to alarm it at night/when we go out to detect any door/window openings.

    There are motion sensors in rooms around the house which light up when they detect motion but i don't see any contact sensors in doors or windows. I have 3 pets so won't be able to use the motion sensors.

    Can anyone provide me with a very fool proof way to go about setting up this system as i'm sh*t scared of messing around and setting the alarm off and not being able to turn it off.

    Pics of all 3 are here

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Mmpqwpv

    https://imgur.com/gallery/MYrmpvp

    https://imgur.com/gallery/siEZp8Z

    submitted by /u/Farquea
    [link] [comments]

    Vivint - Adding Used Camera

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    If I purchase a used Vivint camera from Ebay, will I be able to add to to my Vivint panel? I know there is an installer code that is needed but is this something I will be able to accomplish?

    submitted by /u/Ric878
    [link] [comments]

    Help on recording AXIS Companion Eye LVE

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I own 5 Axis Companion Eye LVE camera's for about a year now. I do not own the Companion recorder, because I thought I'd be able to store the recordings on my (Windows) server on which I have plenty of storage.
    However, it seems to be that you can only record using the Companion NVR.

    As far as I understand the Companion (NVR) line has been discontinued. So basically, am I fucked now? I really need to store my recordings somehow. Otherwise my camera system is purely for show!

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Jonko_jack
    [link] [comments]

    Best wired cameras with minimum 2tb HD and working phone app under $400 (US).

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    I pulled the trigger on some Lorex cameras but cancelled the order once I saw the app was horrendous and extremely buggy.

    submitted by /u/Dickiedoolittle
    [link] [comments]

    Ring or Nest security system???

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    Which option should i go with and why?

    submitted by /u/lane777smith
    [link] [comments]

    McDonald's tags

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Hey, first and foremost I'm not a 100% sure this is the right subreddit to use for my question, but here it goes. I've been living in my house for a while now and I've noticed that security was taken very seriously for the previous owner, all the doors and a second, steel doors with, shatter resistant glass. I have also noticed McDonald's Security Tags around the house. That is what I'm wondering about, what are the tags for, why are they on a house.

    submitted by /u/Jabbathehutt201
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment