• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 15, 2020

    Home security: Criminal Entry - Human Door vs Garage Door?

    Home security: Criminal Entry - Human Door vs Garage Door?


    Criminal Entry - Human Door vs Garage Door?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    I have a detached garage which has a people door and a garage door

    Lets say I am going out of town, and I best office securing the garage door rails with a lock so they can't raise, or am I better off throwing a Nite-Lock on the people door?

    Obviously I can only do one, since I have to be able to leave

    What is your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/VviFMCgY
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone ever had a random knock on their door late at night?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    Just happened to me about an hour ago. Roughly 12:15, I was sitting at my computer playing a game and I heard 5 rapid knocks on the front door downstairs. Immediately shot up, grabbed my pistol and went downstairs.

    Nobody at the front door, no cars on the street and I checked every window in the house and didn't see a single person outside.

    My neighborhood is fairly decent, not much crime so my guess is it was dumb ass kids playing a prank. I called the non emergency number just to be safe and they sent out a police officer who did a search with his floodlight on the car.

    Anyone else ever had that happen to them?

    submitted by /u/berrset2
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a good Coaxial/BNC cable DVR?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    Long story short the one I have from FLIR just shit itself and I dont want to buy from FLIR/Lorex since this is the second one I had from them within the last 6-7 years where it just fails.

    So what are some other good brands/models? I hear about Amcrest but thats really about it since I dont really know the brands and models the best.

    Needs:

    • Reliable
    • have replaceable HDD
    • have replaceable power adapter/PSU just in case
    • Be MPX/BNC camera compatible
    • 1080p 30FPS per channel minimum with 16 channels
    • Good remote viewing app
    submitted by /u/redditissofunnylmao
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless and Battery Indoor Cam

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Does anyone have any recommended cameras which stand on a table/flat surface (not wall mounted), which is wifi and also battery operated, as I don't have a wall outlet in the area where I want to install it. Of course would love the other features (motion detection, app, save video in the app), etc.

    A good equivalent is the arlo outdoor camera which is also battery and wifi, but looks for something indoor.

    Any suggested brands/models?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/kramer9797
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on fencing your front yard?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    I read plenty of responses recommending cameras, dogs, and guns but never a good fence to protect your home. Wouldn't a good fence (tall and spiked) be a good deterrent from people knocking on your door or getting in? Any discussion is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Danium23
    [link] [comments]

    Most reliable universal power supply?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    I've used Cyber Power and APC. Cyber Power just straight up stopped working in two or three years. It consistently stopped working in that time frame. I've have three so far.

    For APC, I had my NVR, router and modem fried from this when lightning struck a power box and the power went out. I knew it was only these 3 because everything else worked, and these were the only ones plugged into the UPS.

    Should I keep trying with these UPS? Or should I just give up and get a whole home power generator and solar panels on my roof?

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive-Night34
    [link] [comments]

    Best security camera budget up to 1000$

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a single outdoor security camera that doesn't require much maintenance (solar powered would be nice) and that would allow me to connect to it via my phone when in close proximity.

    Is it possible to find one without a hub and also without any cables?

    Any idea if there are cameras out there that allows me to have most of these features? (i think i could raise the budget if i need to)

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Duaner5
    [link] [comments]

    Car camera

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:26 PM PDT

    I'm looking to get a camera for my vehicle. 4g preferably, but open to anything that you guys have had good success with. Thank you

    submitted by /u/edrios714444
    [link] [comments]

    Extra Amcrest cameras for sale

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    Hey not sure if this is allowed but the rules don't have anything against it. I just bought a whole system direct from Amcrest but decided I don't need two of them. Selling them for cheaper than amazon because Amcrest doesn't accept returns past 30 days and charges restocking anyway. Let me know if you're interested.

    Amcrest 4MP PTZ (12x Optical Zoom)-will sell for $360. This is new in box. Never opened. Have one installed and am pretty impressed by it so far.

    Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera - will sell for $95. This is like new in box. Box opened because I planned to install it but I realized I didn't need another one. Camera wasn't installed and all parts still included.

    submitted by /u/Readdontheed
    [link] [comments]

    Poe cam for a baby

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    I run BlueIris with about 10 poe cams at my house. I am having my second child and the wife wants a simple to use camera. Is there any simple to use cameras out there that have handheld display units that have a rtsp stream so I could pipe it to BlueIris for myself? Or am I better off getting her on BlueIris with just a single cam in there? I really don't like the idea of cloud cameras....

    I have all my security cameras on a special vlan that blocks access to other vlans and out to the internet so security is important. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/jsloyer
    [link] [comments]

    First time home buyer: what front door lockset do you recommend?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    I know if a thief wants to break in they're going to find a way to get in. I just want to know what are some reputable brands that make it as hard as possible for them. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/drewkiimon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment