• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    Home security: outdoor security camera recommendations? for a house!

    Home security: outdoor security camera recommendations? for a house!


    outdoor security camera recommendations? for a house!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    me (22f) and my fiancé and our son just moved into our first house. i'd like to get a few cameras for the front and back. i know next to nothing about this stuff so please help me! looking for something with good resolution and preferably that i can view on my phone.

    submitted by /u/0kaykiwi
    [link] [comments]

    New security system advice - Hoping for 4k wired with smart home features

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    Hi everyone

    So I've just renovated my home and I'm looking for an ideal camera system for my home and I'm a little daunted/confused by all the choices available online so I thought it might be best to get some advice from this forum. I've just renovated my home and I've pre-cabled the house for 9 outdoor cameras, all running to a machine room. I'd really like to get the highest resolution camera system I can get that will all work great with a well-functioning app. I see that in Apple's ios14 announcement this week they plan new integration and features for security cameras. My whole family is using the apple ecosystem so it would be great if we could have a system that runs well with our phones etc. I'm more focused on functionality than anything so I'm open to suggestions on what to look at. I have a month until we move in so I'd love to get this stuff ordered.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/chrislakeblackbook
    [link] [comments]

    Protect America is closing. Brinks Home Security taking over accounts.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:48 AM PDT

     I received an email from Protect America this morning. They are shutting down and all accounts will be transferred to Brinks Home Security on July 6, 2020. No notice was provided prior to today. I don't know much about Brinks Home Security. Should I stay with them, or cancel and sign with a different security company? I like having a professional security system (not Ring, Abode, Simplisafe, etc) and professional monitoring. I have been looking at Selective Smart Secure with a Qolsys IQ 2+ panel with Alarm.com for about half of what I was paying Protect America. I'm currently on a month to month contract with Protect America after the expiration of a three year contract. Selective (my home insurance company) has started the Selective Smart Secure. Has anyone here had any experience with Selective Smart Secure? 
    submitted by /u/Real_Carlisle
    [link] [comments]

    IP cameras set up with LAN cables, what do I connect them to?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    I have a set up of 8 or so IP cameras connected to an Ethernet Switch. The switch is connected to a computer, and the CCTV operates using the HikVision software. However, this computer is no longer working and I cannot get it working on a new computer, so I'm looking for a new solution.

    Can I connect the cameras to a CCTV system (using the LAN cables) which will record video? Which CCTV system would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/lurkbender
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment