• Breaking News

    Monday, June 1, 2020

    Home security: NYC apartment defense for small single female

    Home security: NYC apartment defense for small single female


    NYC apartment defense for small single female

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Throwaway just to be safe. I am a 5 foot tall female living alone in NYC. I have a ground floor garden apartment in Brooklyn with a large fenced yard. I'm in the middle of the block and there are no alleys here so the only entry points into my back yard are through neighboring yards or the roof/fire escape of my building. I have a small alarm system with alarms on my windows and doors as well as a dog (will bark but is too small to attack), but the recent looting and violence in the city has made me extremely nervous. Right now I have an old field hockey stick that I keep behind my bed in case someone breaks in at a night and a Swiss Army knife that I carry when I walk my dog at night. I would like to know what else you guys recommend to defend my home in case rioters and looters make it into my back yard. I was considering getting a rifle or shotgun but the permit process takes months in NYC and I've never shot a gun in my life and it's not like shooting ranges are open at the moment due to covid.

    I've been considering getting pepper spray and some kind of stun gun or taser. Thoughts? I'm looking for something that looks scary, can do maximum damage to someone up to twice my size, and is legal in NYC and won't be used against me too easily by an attacker.

    submitted by /u/nyc_apt_defense
    [link] [comments]

    Microcamera with RTSP

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! I ask you for help as I am in a bad situation. I live in an apartment building with a thief who has mental problems and does a lot of damage to me and other neighbors. I spoke to the local police force, who however want a video to demonstrate what I am saying.

    I need some micro cameras to put in the house, but those bought on Amazon only support Chinese Apps (they save the videos in the MICRO SD, but then I have to physically remove the micro SD to save the videos). I would also like an RTSP stream to record on my DVR.

    Do you have any solution to recommend? I have to hide the micro cameras inside the electrical junction boxes.

    Thanks so much. I don't want to harm anyone, just to report what is happening to the police, with the evidence they asked me for.

    submitted by /u/Zipper_Ita
    [link] [comments]

    New house with ADT

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    Hi, I just purchased a new house that came with an ADT security system (Safewatch Pro 3000).

    The sellers only lived there 3 years and did not use the system, so they don't know the master code.

    I would like to use the system (but not get the external monitoring, just use it locally).

    Is there any way I can reset the master code without knowing it??

    submitted by /u/1zee
    [link] [comments]

    EyeCube is a Solar Powered Wireless Security Camera ✨

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Long distance night vision cameras / infra red throw - Dahuah Starlight?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    Hi all

    Keen to get your thoughts on the best set up for a farm where each camera will be looking to cover approx. 200 metres distance at night. 2-3 cameras will be set up on a pole cemented into the ground, with the solar panels and battery box fixed to the ground. Putting power concerns aside (we will well and truely make sure there's enough power to cover the cams), the biggest issue is the visibility of the cams at this distance during night.

    Any recommendations of infra red throws / cameras suitable for this? I read elsewhere that Dahuah starlight camera would be suitable?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/jgreer1991
    [link] [comments]

    Remington 1858 for self defence. Normal or sherrif?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Hello all. This is a throwaway account I made intended for this question. I recently moved, and someone I moved in with was convicted of a felony. Naturally, I'm having a family member hold onto my guns for the time being so I don't risk getting in legal trouble for having them in the house with a felon, but I do still want to protect myself.

    After doing some looking, I've come to find out that old style black powder guns aren't under the same restrictions as regular firearms, and having one for personal defense won't get me in any trouble for having one in the house per my states law. After looking around, I've settled on the Remington 1858, but that does leave me with one last question.

    I can't decide whether to go for the full size version (8 inch barrel) or the "sheriff" version (5.5 inch barrel). The sheriff model would be a bit easier to carry and move around with, but the shorter barrel would mean less muzzle velocity, having to work the loading lever a bit harder to seat the balls properly, and having to use less powder to avoid a chainfire. With these considerations in mind, which version would be best for home defense and personal carry?

    submitted by /u/Another_Throwaway826
    [link] [comments]

    Updating old DSC PC1616

    Posted: 31 May 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a house with an existing alarm that the owners did not use. It is a DSC1616 with a Altronix RBSNTTL relay module. It have 2 control panels. How do I determine how many zones I have as there is alot of wire in the box and seems to be a hot mess. Just trying to figure out the best course of action to use the existing hardwired sensors/motion detectors.

    https://imgur.com/hj1tVki

    https://imgur.com/JBqbWEg

    https://imgur.com/yyZdpSa

    https://imgur.com/mPFSzfS

    https://imgur.com/cBWkH3Z

    https://imgur.com/G2Kr5Y0

    submitted by /u/working_alarms
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment