• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 17, 2020

    Home security: CLOUD OFFLINE (Heimvision HM241)

    Home security: CLOUD OFFLINE (Heimvision HM241)


    CLOUD OFFLINE (Heimvision HM241)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I recently purchased the Heimvision HM241 and I've been trying to register it onto my laptop and such.

    But it says:

    CLOUD (P2P): OFFLINE

    Network Status: DNS Request Error

    I've tried different ethernet ports on my router but nothing has worked. Any help is appreciated since they haven't replied as of yet. I've been looking all over the internet for some help!

    submitted by /u/bbangx
    [link] [comments]

    Question about cell tower reboots / maintenance + why it makes my home alarm start beeping

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    A few times a year my home alarm will start beeping randomly, in the middle of the night. The alarm isn't being tripped, but the guy who installed the alarm says it's because they do work on cell towers at night and when they reboot, it causes a failure in communication with my alarm. So, I have to enter the code to stop the beeping and then reboot our cellular alarm box. The alarm guy says this is normal and it happens to everyone with a cell-linked home alarm system, but I'm not so sure. If I call another company to verify this, I'm afraid they will just try to sell me on a whole new alarm system rather than honestly answer my question. Can anyone provide some input or solutions?

    submitted by /u/Purple_PeopleEater94
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some info on getting a camera for my fathers yard...neighbors have been throwing trash over and he wants to get it on video ...what do you guys recommend?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Camera suggestions that don't use wifi?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Hello! We are looking to set up an outdoor security camera for our shed. It is too far from the house to be able to connect to Wifi. Looking for something that will record on motion detection, not really interested in continuous recording but wouldn't be opposed to it if you have any suggestions!

    People have suggested Nest cams etc. but I don't like the idea of paying for monthly storage. I would rather just pay for like an SD card or something and pull the files myself, even if we had to change the SD card every day or so. We don't need alerts sent to our phones or anything when there's movement. Just as long as it's recording, that should be all we need.

    Thanks for any and all advice or suggestions!

    submitted by /u/princessofawkward
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to build a reliable home camera system. Need advice on motion detection

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    Have a Reolink system and it alerts on any motion be it a person or the shadow of trees which doesn't help when getting alerts. I'm looking to build a new system that knows the difference, Or possibly smart lights that have pir and can send notifications and use those to then check cameras. :/ And suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ihulkout
    [link] [comments]

    Does Ooma VOIP have DIY home security

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Started out by looking for a VOIP option and found Ooma for basic 911 and local calls because I didn't want to pay $30/month extra just to have a phone line from our local provider (FiOS). After lurking around, looks like Ooma has some DIY home security add-ons and capabilities. Anyone have experience good/bad/indifferent with Ooma. I aleady bought an Ooma Telo, HD2 phone, Ooma lynx and Wifi extender on Facebook Marketplace. Just thought I'd ask around.

    submitted by /u/schmoo78
    [link] [comments]

    I need help finding a minimal delay "affordable" wire less system.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    It seems like nearly every wireless system these days has a delay. I guess it kind of makes sense due to it needing to use the Wifi and it varies depending on the connection. But I am seeing some (Blink) that are consistently reporting 10 seconds. Has anyone used any wireless camera's that have actually only had a small bit of lag? I keep trying to figure out what the point is if your not capturing video fairly quickly.

    submitted by /u/TheOrionNebula
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking your advice for physical security/reinforcement of front door in a condo (limited renovation allowed)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I am requesting your help in reinforcing my front entry door in my condo. As it is the sole entry point to my home, I wanted to triple check that my security is up to date with it. I currently have a single lock on it (the standard condo lock), and the lock unlocks when you pull the inside door handle. This, along with the fact that the door itself can be pushed open (without using the handle) when unlocked (i.e. I have to actually hold the door handle when putting my key in to lock up from outside because the force will just open the door) have made me a little nervous about security.

    I researched quite a bit and purchased a Defender deadbolt (on the way) thatt attaches to the door frame and adds protection from the inside. Additionally, I am very close to purchasing the Door Amor Max kit - if folks here recommend it.

    I would ideally like to just install a brand new lock altogether, but our condo has a relationship with a locksmith and we are limited to using a particular lock. In addition, I can't realistically make any major renovations to the door itself.

    Asides from the Defender deadbolt and the Door Armor Max (if you recommend it), I was hoping to get one last security device for the door. I thought about a floor mounted door jam, but I'm not sure I want to drill through my floor. Additionally, I would like to have an additional source of security that can lock up from outside. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not satisfied with the standard lock on my door, and purchasing a lot of internal security won't help protect my place when I'm out.

    Are there any such devices that you could recommend? I understand that realistically such a device would require WiFi connectivity, but I do have concerns about that. I'm not paranoid about hackers or anything - I'm mostly concerned about getting locked out due to classic technology problems or app issues with a smart lock.

    I very much appreciate your expertise and suggestions. Thank you kindly!

    submitted by /u/PoGoNoob123
    [link] [comments]

    What security system do you recommend for an apartment?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Something cost-efficient and practical that'll help against porch pirates and burglars.

    submitted by /u/Bread-Icy
    [link] [comments]

    DSC PC1555RKZ keeps beeping when arming

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Hey guys! I haven't been able to find anything with google searches, so I thought I would ask here and see if someone else has had this issue.

    I live in an apartment complex (US) and they have DSC PC1555RKZ alarms in there (the ones with no screens, just numbers, #, *, and FAP buttons at the bottom. I've had these in previous apartment complexes and they worked, but my current complex has no idea how to fix the issue.

    Whenever I type in the master code to arm my apartment, it starts beeping every 1-2 seconds. Usually, it's supposed to beep for about thirty seconds, then it gets faster for about 30 seconds and then the beeping stops and the house/apartment is armed. However, for my alarm system, it just keeps on beeping and doesn't stop. It never progresses to the faster beep, it only stays on the one where it beeps about once every 1-2 seconds.

    Management just came in and replaced the battery and I tested it. The longest I've sat through it is about 3 minutes of the nonstop beeping, for some reason it never actually arms.

    submitted by /u/lavomatic
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for affordable and discreet night vision security cameras. Any recommendations?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    So here's the situation. The past 2 months people have been trespassing mainly at night. I'm not sure but I think they might be homeless people or drifters. One night I went to the porch to smoke a cig and probably 15ft or so I saw someone making their way to the nearest bush for cover but I didn't exactly see them I saw the backlight from their phone in their hand hide behind this brush in the desert.

    Also at around 3am, not all the time but a few times, someone has been knocking on my window with such a force and it's honestly scary af. I peaked out the window and no one.

    Most recently though at least once a night during the week I can hear what seems to be a conversation/argument between and woman and man but I can't really hear exactly what they are saying just mumbling. Sometimes it will be so loud that I can't sleep, it sounds like they are seriously on my porch or right outside my bedroom window. Once again when I peak there is no one or maybe it's just too dark? I mean it could be paranormal since the city I live in is pretty superstitious but I rather it be a ghost than living people. Lol

    What makes all of this more strange is I live in custom houses so all the houses around are over 2 acres apart. Although it isn't a typical neighborhood there is HOA and they sent a message out saying peoples cars and house have been getting robbed. Thankfully that hasn't happened to me but still I don't want to let this go on.

    Hopefully this is enough info for recommendations? I seriously have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to security cameras or home security in general. Price wise I don't want to spend a fortune and not sure how many cameras I'd get but I for sure need at least one. Btw I have WiFi so some sort of remote camera option would be preferred for when I'm not home.

    Thank you all in advance

    submitted by /u/SesshomaruThugger
    [link] [comments]

    Are monitored security systems worth it?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    We have had an ADT system for a number of years and have been quoted circa £300 for a new Verisure system that offers a guard response, but comes with a monthly cost of £40. What other options are out their for systems that may cost a bit more upfront but offer the same peace of mind ( maybe CCTV) without the ongoing monthly cost? House is in nice area of London with minimal crime rates.

    submitted by /u/Aliesta5000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment