• Breaking News

    Monday, May 11, 2020

    Home security: DIY install, exterior holes

    Home security: DIY install, exterior holes


    DIY install, exterior holes

    Posted: 10 May 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    I'm getting ready to install a camera system, and will be needing to drill some holes through exterior walls. I figure the hole needs to be 3/4inch too fit the connector of the Bnc cable through. Any tips of how to best seal the hole? I went to my local big box store for a through hole bushing or something but couldn't find anything. And I don't want to just fill it up with silicone. Any tips on best installation practices would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/moosemoose41
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have any experiences with the Uniden Guardian App Cam Range?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    I'm on the fence about these as I can get a pretty good. My last experience with Ring has been rather negative, so my hopes aren't so high

    https://uniden.com.au/product/guardian-app-cam-solo-pt-kit/#1493714178990-db34738f-658e

    https://uniden.com.au/product/guardian-app-cam-solo-bullet-kit/#1493714178990-db34738f-658e

    submitted by /u/Paultingcs
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with DVR cameras

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    Is there a way to connect 2 DVRs to a single monitor, but using WiFi.

    submitted by /u/Incaleon
    [link] [comments]

    Indoor camera to check in on elderly relative

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I am looking for an indoor wifi camera system that I can use to check in on live view via a smartphone to check to make sure that they are okay. The relative has a nanny that goes in often but sometimes I want to make sure that the relative is okay and is not on the floor or something. The relative is mostly on the couch in the same position.

    I am not looking for a motion detector and not concerned about the nanny stealing, this is purely to make sure the house is not on fire and the relative is ok. In fact a motion detector if available should be able to be turned off.

    Live streaming via phone is vital. Cloud storage (free or paid) for prior recordings is a nice feature to have as well.

    2-way talking is not required.

    Hi-def video is not necessary.

    Price is hopefully reasonable.

    I have looked and seen that the Google Nest indoor camera seems nice, but it is quite expensive.

    I have also noticed the Amazon Blink Mini indoor camera. This looks pretty good, affordable and checks most of the boxes.

    Am I on the right track with perhaps the Amazon Blink Mini or is there something else you all would recommend?

    I am also looking at the Google Nest Protect as this can send an alarm to my phone if there is smoke/CO detected at the relative's house. It's a bit pricey. Do you guys know of any other options?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/thedude123321
    [link] [comments]

    Seeing only green channel on Reolink

    Posted: 10 May 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    Decided to purchase the Reolink RLC-410 and it has worked great so far for about 3 weeks. I am only seeing the green channel when it is in color mode, night time black and white looks fine. I tripped and pulled the ethernet from the POE switch ( I have it temporary mounted in the living room and was also repainting the room, So I bent a few pins in source port. port going to the camera didn't look damage. I don't have much experience with POE but has this ever been seen before? I only noticed it till I repaired the switch. Something I noticed on the desktop client only shows blue and red adjustment for manual white balance I don't know if that is standard?

    somethings I have tried are rebooting the camera, restoring it to factory.

    Green channel image

    submitted by /u/didyoureset
    [link] [comments]

    Night time motion detection alerts

    Posted: 10 May 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Hello all, I am trying to setup notifications for motion detection cams occurring at night (10P-7A). I recently had someone try to rip off my vehicles that I caught on camera. Luckily, everything was locked up, but I would like to get notified immediately (enough to wake me if possible) if this happens again.

    I currently have a Shinobi CCTV system setup that seems to record motion events/emails me correctly with very few "normal" events occurring inside my night window. Thus, any events in this window I would assume to be malicious and would like to be quickly notified of. Currently I get emails, but is there any better notification apps/methods that ya'll can think of/use? Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/huquad
    [link] [comments]

    Computing student in need of your help.

    Posted: 10 May 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm a final year student in the UK studying computing and am currently working on my final year project. The project is about me building a prototype home security application using my UX/UI skills that I've developed over the last few years. I have created a short survey in which i'm simply asking home owners what applications they're currently using, if any, to keep their homes safe and secure. Could you please check it out, it won't take up much of your time and i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and have a great day. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2CRTQT7

    submitted by /u/Waj-97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment