• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 13, 2020

    Home security: Best weather-proof camera for older family with google drive integration?

    Home security: Best weather-proof camera for older family with google drive integration?


    Best weather-proof camera for older family with google drive integration?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm researching a security system meant for the front of their home (~130 degrees). Budget is not really an issue, but <$500 is ideal. Is there any system that uploads to google drive (or at least points to a folder that then uploads to it)? I thought the Nest would do that but ironically they don't use their own cloud storage, google should take a page out of Apple's notebook in terms of integration.

    I have an unlimited drive account and I'd like for them not to pay a subscription. If they wanted to pay for a subscription they'd sooner pay a home security company.

    Was initially set on wyze but their quality seems lacking, especially in terms of weather resistance, and adding some lame plastic casing is not an option.

    submitted by /u/downvotethelogic
    [link] [comments]

    Cancel ADT Contract

    Posted: 12 May 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    I called ADT the other day as my contract is about to expire and we are moving and I'm going to switch to a more affordable company whenever we find a new place. The called went as expected and they said it will shut off next month. My question here is a received a call today that I let go to VM saying they are with the corporate ADT office and see to discuss a few steps to cancelling the service and my credits that will be sent to me. To me, it sounds like there way of trying to sign me back up to another contract. Has anyone received something similar?

    submitted by /u/codythom00
    [link] [comments]

    I want to remake my home security but I have no idea where to start

    Posted: 12 May 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    So basically I'm with a provider but their system barely works for me. I want to use the cameras that I bought from them to create my own system where it records 24/7 and has a live feed. I'm looking for any advice on how to connect them to a storage system, and what the best possible way is. The camera model is SerComm OC810, I have 3 of them placed around my house.

    submitted by /u/Sugowa
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a hard wired camera system

    Posted: 12 May 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    I don't trust cameras connected to the internet. What is a reputable hard wired system you can recommend? I need four outdoor cameras, two for backyard and two out front. Cost of the system really isn't an issue, but I would like to keep it under $1k if possible.

    submitted by /u/EDC-Dawg
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking Monitoring Service now that NextAlarm is shutting down.

    Posted: 12 May 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    I am looking for recommendations on a monitoring company for my house. I have a Honeywell Vista 20p system I designed and installed myself in my home. It's working great and I've had no problems with it. I'm paying $16.95 a month like I have for the past several years. I have a smart home (homeassistant) already so I'm not looking to switch panels or get a Zwave/Zigbee etc box or any additional equipment. I currently have a UPLINK LTE30EX LTE primary cellular alarm communicator that is connected to the normal pots line. I could be persuaded to switch that out if I had to to either a IP only or dual path. This is also fed into my HomeAssistant instance via AlarmDecoder on a RaspberryPi Hat which is how I remote arm/disarm and see events.

    Requirements: Live monitoring Text messages if alarm is set off

    Nice to have but not a hard requirement: App support (Already have this via home assistant) Path to dual communicator upgrade eventually

    Does Reddit have any recommendations of companies to look for that aren't $25+ a month for live monitoring with the above stipulations?

    submitted by /u/simcole
    [link] [comments]

    RioLink issues

    Posted: 12 May 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    I know this is not the ideal place, but a few minutes ago I decided I was going to buy a cam at RioLink.com. Did not make it thru the checkout process to finish my order. Tried to use their feedback mechanism, and it is terminally broken. There is no working way to make contact. Went to the RioLink sub on reddit, and it is restricted. A fatally flawed checkout, and no way to contact them have changed me from a potential customer to someone with no interest in doing business with them EVER.

    submitted by /u/DADRedditTake2
    [link] [comments]

    Ademco EC4120 is armed. How do I change the alarm code?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    The alarm has been unplugged for at least since I bought the house, but I'd like to start using it/see what works. I plug it in and the alarm panels light up armed on Stay. I have hit * and #, I've held them both down. I've hit them, then entered 4120+800. I've hit just 4120+800. Nothing has worked. Any help?

    submitted by /u/christopherjenk
    [link] [comments]

    Camera Security

    Posted: 12 May 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    Hello all! I wanted to ask the community about what security practices you are using for your home cameras. Are you running them on one big wifi network or isolating from your local network (ie guest wifi signal)?

    If this question is out of the scope of this thread, please let me know!

    EDIT: Cross-posted in r/NetworkSecurity

    submitted by /u/dr457786
    [link] [comments]

    ADT DSC Impassa 'AC LOSS' issue

    Posted: 12 May 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    I have a DSC Impassa wall panel that is giving me problems, I'm hoping someone here can help.

    The panel will power on, but in some period of time (2 seconds to 2 minutes) the panel will go blank and turn off. The panel frequently will not power back on. When the panel is on, it gives an 'AC LOSS' error.

    I have replaced the transformer.
    I have replaced the internal backup battery.
    I have replace the wiring from the transformer to the panel.
    I have tried to power the panel using an extension cord from different outlets.

    All of the above makes me believe there may be something with the panel itself. Does this unit have any internal replaceable fuses? Are there any common issues for this panel for AC loss? ADT wants an arm and a leg for system maintenance, I just want a panel that works...

    submitted by /u/mkbruin
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm system from previous homeowner won’t stop chirping

    Posted: 12 May 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    I'm hoping one of you home security gurus will be able to help my wife and I out with this.

    We've been living in our home for nearly two years now. The previous owners (two homeowners ago) had a security system installed, but it's not being used presently.

    Problem is, the system has recently started chirping. I'm unsure why and it's driving the whole house crazy.

    I've taken the panel off the wall but I'm not savvy with these sort of things, so I'm unsure if there even is a battery to pull, much less where it is.

    System is Ademco, but we have no documentation or idea of what model it is beyond that. Took some photos, hopefully this helps.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/a9OCoDO

    We'd appreciate any help you fine folks could provide.

    submitted by /u/GregorsaurusWrecks
    [link] [comments]

    Security System: Adding a Chime

    Posted: 12 May 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    We have an ADT home security System in the house. There are two keypads that chime when a door is open, but I can't hear the alarm system chime from the basement. Both keypads are upstairs and the main security system box is in the basement. I was wondering if there's an inexpensive and easy way to make the chime audible from the basement. Personally, I was thinking that adding some type of speaker in the basement would be the most straightforward approach. My idea was to have the speaker hardwired to the box in the basement and have it chime when the main upstairs number pads chime.

    I believe that the main security box in the basement is a Vista-P20.

    I'm curious,

    - Has anyone had any experience with a similar issue?

    - Is it possible to connect a speaker directly to the main security box in the basement?

    - The main panel sends a signal to the number pads to make them chime, is this a digital signal or could you hook a speaker directly to a wire and have it chime?

    - If a simple speaker it's not possible, would it be difficult to add another number pad in the basement? Would this be expensive and how difficult would this be?

    - Are there any pre-built add-ons to solve this problem?

    I found practically nothing on the internet about this. Any information or insights would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/chooseausername69251
    [link] [comments]

    Need recommendations for new house with Alarm.com

    Posted: 12 May 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Hi!

    Our new house is being built with a Qolsys IQ panel, SkyBell doorcam, several other smart home equipment, but most importantly, it uses the alarm.com app. I was looking for recommendations for a security monitoring service to compliment this system. I had been using Frontpoint for many many years and I believe you could use alarm.com with them, but I've discovered how expensive their monthly service is.

    Alarm.com sent me an email with a few companies including Brinks, Surety, Link Interactive, General Security, guardian security, and pro link. Has anyone used any of these services? Are they any good? What is your recommendation?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gummyneo
    [link] [comments]

    Advice Starting from Scratch (home remodel)

    Posted: 12 May 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    My in-laws are doing a complete remodel on their old home and are looking to have a security system installed but are unsure at which point it makes sense to hire someone (and who to hire) to install/wire stuff now, or if that comes later, etc.

    What sort of professional should they be looking for locally for this kind of job? Any recommendations on hardware or preferred systems?

    submitted by /u/ConeCandy
    [link] [comments]

    Strangely specific question, not sure if this is the right place to ask.

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    I work with a company that does in-home monitoring for patients with seizures. For patients with recurring seizures, we hook up the head-cathode thing and we place a camera in your living room to record you for 2-3 days until you have a seizure so we can get the data from the cathodes and also have a video of you during this time for research purposes.

    The reason I come here is because I'm out of my element for ordering a new camera. The requirements are as such:

    USB

    Can do 15 FPS at a very low resolution. Ironically, most places only offer higher resolution and I have trouble with file sizes. This is optional as I can perhaps do post-processing.

    Infrared

    Zoom capability.

    I've been searching Amazon/NewEgg and I feel like there's more places I don't know about where I can shop, but I don't know where. Even if these things are $50, if it has those requiments, it works. Problem we ran into is that our old manufacturer is no longer producing the cameras we need, so I'm hoping you guys could at least point me to the right vendor that might carry what I want.

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/_m3e
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor Motion Sensor - Recommendation

    Posted: 12 May 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Greetings,

    We installed Arlo Pro 3 security cameras around the house. However, they can sometimes take too long to send a security alert. We are in a high traffic area where vagrants sometimes walk through the property. My wife likes to read in the courtyard. What we're hoping for is some kind of motion sensor that will ring/buzz when someone walks into our driveway. That way she can go inside before a person surprises her. Is there a relatively inexpensive solution for this?

    submitted by /u/fuzzninja2000
    [link] [comments]

    Ademco vista prom changes

    Posted: 12 May 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    the prom in my vista is dated. Is there a document that shows what was changed during revision 6 to current?

    submitted by /u/sacing
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor surveillance Wireless IP Camera W/ Cloud Storage recommendation

    Posted: 12 May 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    Hi,

    We are a small gates community with 6 condos, and we are looking for Outdoor cameras with the following specs:

    • IP Camera with cloud storage capability
    • Wireless
    • Night Vision.

    Thank you for your help.

    submitted by /u/nickel_2018
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment