• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 12, 2020

    Home security: ADT Pulse question

    Home security: ADT Pulse question


    ADT Pulse question

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Is is possible to set it up so that motion will actuate video recording even while system is not armed? Does system have to be armed in order for motion activated recording to occur?

    I think I understand that you can remotely watch live video on the phone app with an option to simultaneously record even while disarmed. just wondering about the above conditions for recording to occur in the disarmed status.

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/kkeennmm
    [link] [comments]

    Need ideas: Using these Night Owl IP cameras with no information and no NVR. Model numbers? Configuration? Sniffing tools? I have 8 of them.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    Are video time stamps required in US and/or New York for security footage, or is there a significant legal advantage?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    I'm testing ZoneMinder with a few IP cameras that provide pre-encoded h.264 streams but not all of them generate their own time stamps on the video, and I can do more with less in the short term if I can do away with re-encoding that video on the ZoneMinder box just to add the time stamp enabling the feature in ZoneMinder that overlays a timestamp on the video which causes it to require re-encoding. I'm wondering if there's any requirement in the law for timestamps on video provided to law enforcement, or if there's a significant bump in legal success rates when video has timestamps burned in.

    submitted by /u/icanhazaspergers
    [link] [comments]

    Interested in installing a wired camera system.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Currently looking for options. I live in a single wide trailer home. I want a wired security camera system. I can't do a wireless one due to no internet. Looking for 4 cameras or more with ability to see clearly in the dark. What's the best way to conceal the wires throughout my home

    submitted by /u/Kingblur
    [link] [comments]

    New Camera or new Security panel? recommendations

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    Have a birthday coming up and family keep asking what I want (funny how at 28yo you kinda stop caring).

    Current security tech setup at my condo is:

    • Ring Doorbell 2 at front door.
    • Honeywell Lynx alarm with 2 window contact sensors. no subscription.

    I'm thinking 2 things.

    1. get a new camera to cover my patio. Perhaps a Ring Spotlight? I'd like something that has constant recording, to cover the gaps of recording between the 30sec motion recordings of the doorbell.

      Ring is fine for people ringing the doorbell or stepping right onto the patio, but I don't really have a longer-format video option. There is an old camera mounted to the bedroom window above our front door, but it's not hooked up.

    2. Replacement security system for old Honeywell panel. Perhaps Ring Secure?

      the current panel does work and will trip the alarm if the timer runs out or one of the contacts is broken, but I don't have any subscription so it's really a dummy panel. loud noise, no police response.

    I'm not married to Ring as a brand and am open to other options. Have a lot of Google Home/Nest equipment inside. I looked at Nest Protect but it's pretty pricey.

    One point with the Ring Secure system is I'd need to add on a second window sensor since the basic package only comes with one.

    Any recommendations? What would you prioritize replacing first?

    submitted by /u/KD2JAG
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing a Honeywell Lynx Touch 2.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Hello! I am looking for a simple answer, but after trawling through the subreddit for ten or fifteen minutes, I want to be sure.

    BLUF: Can I pop a new control panel onto the ac power and link it to the existing system or do I need to hire a professional?

    Details: We bought a new house and the system was armed. We didn't know how to shut it up, and it was at the end of a very long move. Suffice to say while it would appear usable, it is now trash.

    Questions: Can a new honeywell panel be bought and bring the glass break sensors and entry sensors back online?

    Can it be done by a handy homeowner or do I need a pro?

    Thanks for any info .

    submitted by /u/JukeRedlin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment