• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 12, 2020

    Home security: Badly installed sliding door

    Home security: Badly installed sliding door


    Badly installed sliding door

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    I recently moved house and have belatedly discovered that the sliding door to the back yard is installed backwards, i.e. the moving door part is on the outside of the house. This means I can't use the usual safety bar to jam it and, worse, it's possible to lift the whole door off the tracks and just set it aside. (I am an average-sized woman and not terribly strong after a long illness and I can do it myself.) Obviously, I will be replacing this mess asap, but it's going to be expensive and will take several months to save enough. In the meantime, the back yard is fenced and visible from multiple neighboring houses as well as having motion activated lights. I have dogs and there's a 6'6" young man sleeping on my couch by the door until he gets his own place next fall. I'm not freaking out, but would appreciate suggestions for:

    1. Ways to increase security on the door until I can replace it, and

    2. Replacement options that would be more secure than a slider but would not require extensive reconstruction of the door space.

    Thanks y'all!

    submitted by /u/secondhandbanshee
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a good home security system that doesn’t use WiFi and works well away from home?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment