• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 4, 2021

    Home security: Has anyone ever noticed cars driving through their neighborhood at night with IR alley/flood lights in their rear passenger windows? From what I could see, it was a small Ford suv (not used by police here) and in addition to their phone on the dash, there was also a tablet or laptop open. Thoughts?

    Home security: Has anyone ever noticed cars driving through their neighborhood at night with IR alley/flood lights in their rear passenger windows? From what I could see, it was a small Ford suv (not used by police here) and in addition to their phone on the dash, there was also a tablet or laptop open. Thoughts?


    Has anyone ever noticed cars driving through their neighborhood at night with IR alley/flood lights in their rear passenger windows? From what I could see, it was a small Ford suv (not used by police here) and in addition to their phone on the dash, there was also a tablet or laptop open. Thoughts?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:12 PM PST

    old peephole with camera

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:15 PM PST

    hello,

    is there a way to install a camera (ideally with motion detection) and wireless one (eth is also ok) that can be inserted into the old-fashioned peephole. I am not able to remove it as the doors are too old and i am not able to find a technician. I was wondering as some camera that can be inserted inside might be used?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/phearr
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a hidden home camera, I am having a hard time narrowing it down since they are expensive.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:57 PM PST

    So I leave home for days at a time and the wife has a normal work as well. We hire a nanny to help out but we would like to know what goes on in the house while we are gone. We decided to buy a hidden (nanny) camera and think a potted plant won't stick out too much. The only thing is they are super expensive and I really don't want buyers remorse.

    What I need: - Looks like a small potted plant that doesn't have an OBVIOUS camera on it - has an HD camera - can record and have power for 48 hours

    I don't need wifi, audio, or anything special like 2 way communication or anything.

    Do the experts on here have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/setting_up_shop
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink NVR compatibilty with other cameras?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:29 AM PST

    Hi i have installed at my home Avidsen cameras > ref: avidsen 123981

    And i'm looking for a network video recorder compatible with it. Will the Reolink NVR will be compatible with it? or should i look for another one? If yes which one do you recommend and works with the avidsen one. Reolink POE ref: RLN8-410

    submitted by /u/kandjn
    [link] [comments]

    Your basic Newbie Post.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:08 AM PST

    Hey everyone Regardless, Let me firstly apologise for creating yet another post on this subreddit asking questions I should be able to figure out by reading everything however with my work I have limited time to do the research, I tried some.

    TLDR: Are these cameras and this nvr okay for an average set up on a budget. Linking this because someone bought it and didnt realise has to get it certified off so is now selling it as installer is out of his budget. Cameras NVR

    Hey all. First time posting here Have spent the last couple weeks lurking and reading every post I could find, including similar ones to this I'm posting so please dont smite me down.

    So I'm looking at just an average-ish PoE with NVR security system.

    Background FYI: -Located in Australia so limited on what is sold around me -Work as a paramedic SO wanting something I can log into phone when I'm on night shift incase the leader of the opposition (Partner) rings me or messages thinking she hears something.

    My requirements: -4-6 Cameras, PoE. -NVR with 2tb+ storage and 8 channel. -Log in on phone -If something did happen atleast able to capture some clothing or distinguishing features, not expecting to be able to make out whether they have a pimple or not. -Budget(ish)

    What I know about security systems: -Nothing.

    What I think I know: -I dont want Swann. Reolink has had mixed feelings. -From scouring this subreddit plus home security I've decided on Dahua or Hikvision, dahua seems more readily available near me so leaning more towards them.

    See links above for an idea of what I've found within my budget.

    Any recommendations I'm all ears. However -Do not have an old rig to run blue iris or anything (only mentioning as I know it's mentioned as cheaper alternative to an NVR). -Yes I do want to log in off phone, my one paranoia is the mrs home alone dont care if someone takes my car as long as they're not breaking into her room.

    As mentioned, and likely can tell, dont overly know alot. I'm tech savvy enough to figure out how to get it working set it up, I'll be running my cables and everything myself just dont know detailed specs and comparisons.

    Thankyou all in advance I greatly appreciate it, if this post goes unanswered that's all good thought was worth a post incase can get some guidance.

    Disclaimer: Working shift work my responses may be slow to any comments but I reiterate I appreciate it and thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/ItzPredzZ
    [link] [comments]

    IR light VS leaving light on at night

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 05:50 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment