• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 3, 2021

    Home security: Avoid Frontpoint Home Security

    Home security: Avoid Frontpoint Home Security


    Avoid Frontpoint Home Security

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:59 AM PST

    In the past 6 months, I've had 2 false alarms on Fire/Smoke sensors from Frontpoint Home Security that have brought the Fire Department to my door.

    There was no smoke. There was no fire. Frontpoint's equipment is faulty and they do not stand behind it.

    When the first false alarm occurred, they instructed me to go around with a can of compressed air and blow it at all the fire sensors in my home. They assured me if I did that, it would take care of the problem. So I did it. Everything worked for a few months and then on Sunday we got another false alarm from the fire sensors that brought the Fire Department to our door. My wife was in the shower, I was wearing headphones so we didn't hear the alarm until the Fire Department arrived.

    Now my city is going to charge us for false alarm visits.

    When I called Frontpoint about this their recommendation was "let's blow compressed air into those sensors" again.

    They are refusing to take back these faulty sensors. They are refusing to credit me for the fine my city is charging for the false alarms from their sensors. They are refusing to let me out of the contract I am in with them unless I pay 80% of it upfront.

    Please don't make the same mistake we did and trust this company with your home and family. If we weren't at home when this occurred the fire department told me they would've broken down the door. We have pets who would've run outside and gotten lost or injured. And Frontpoint just told me that if that occurred because of a false alarm from their equipment it would be my fault and not theirs.

    If you sign a contract with these people, you are asking for it. And by the way, to get a live person on the phone with them in a timely fashion is like winning the lottery. It takes them hours to call you back. Hours. A company that is about immediate and emergency response takes hours to call you back.

    Do not give them your money.

    submitted by /u/youraveragejoseph
    [link] [comments]

    Qnap or Synology for surveillance NVR.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 12:22 AM PST

    How do they compare on false positives is one better than the other?

    Would it be better to get cameras with PIR sensors?

    Can you add WiFi cameras, or they must be Onvif RTSP specifically?

    Any other advice comparing the two.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/MeanMasterpiece9830
    [link] [comments]

    Sharing public footage of an event that was caught on your outdoor camera

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 02:32 PM PST

    Hey there,

    I am currently researching public-facing outdoor cameras (CCTV, security, ring doorbells, webcams, etc), either personally owned OR used in small businesses (restaurants, gas stations, convenience stores, retail stores, etc). I have some questions about

    • The frequency in which investigators ask you to export footage to aid in investigations
    • The amount of time it takes you to export footage
    • Any difficulty associated with exporting footage

    If you have been on the other side of this, eg you're an investigator who needs to access security footage from a small business or an individual, I'd be very interested in hearing your feedback as well.

    Please let me know if you can spend 5 minutes chatting. I will gladly buy you a beverage for your time.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/neet-army
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for tested suggestions for a simple home security setup.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:28 AM PST

    First time poster, apologize if this breaks any rules.

    I was just looking to see if anyone has had success with any specific companies/products for their home security. I currently have a very basic setup (main hub, 5-7 window sensors, that's it) from my internet provider which I am moderately happy with for the price. However, I'm tired of paying $40 a month for it.

    For the basic setup I am looking for, does any one have any suggestions? I don't mind paying ~$25/month for protection if the equipment isn't a fortune to buy. I also really don't want/need motion sensors (small house, active dog) or cameras.

    Appreciate any feedback guys. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ScottClamBirdBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Farm Security Recommendations PLEASE!

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 09:31 AM PST

    We have a 15 acre farm in central California in a relatively rural area with a growing homeless population. We recently had a break in and a security audit has given us a number of improvements to focus on - better front gate and a security system being at the top of the list.

    I've had random quotes ranging from 3K to 15K from security "companies" that basically sell equipment and do install, without much ongoing support, but I'm at a loss and would love some advice.

    We'd like a security system with approximately a dozen top of the line cameras that have motion detection and can be hardwired. The wi-fi is spotty so we are planning on trenching and connecting them to the DVR/PVR + modem.

    I'd like recommendations for a system with night vision, a great app that allows us to monitor in real-time, has motion detectors that can be turned on at certain times, and also looks imposing enough as a deterrent near a gate. Basically I think I'm looking for commercial-grade Nest, which we use at home.

    Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Both_Personality_203
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a qolsys IQ secondary panel with a 2 GIG Gc3 main?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 10:03 PM PST

    So after putting a 2gig GC3, and two 2gig secondary panels (sp1 and sp2), I just found out 2gig has inexplicably discontinued their secondary panels -__- I desperately need a third. Can I use a qolsys IQ as a secondary with my gc3 main? I am using alarm.com and all of my sensors are 2gig

    submitted by /u/SergeantSlinkie
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for NVR based IP camera system with quality software?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 04:43 PM PST

    I am tasked with finding a security camera system for my company's office, as our last system is outdated and rarely works anymore. They would like to keep it a non-subscription system that records to an NVR and has the ability to connect to a variety of IP POE cameras (8 channel min.). I really like the look of the Ubiquity UniFi Protect system, but was unable to pull the trigger after discovering it is entirely proprietary and you cannot add other branded cameras. The previous system was Lorex and we absolutely despised the software, both PC and phone app. The company owner is not great with technology and needs an easy-to-use app that allows him to quickly look through footage.

    Requirements:

    - NVR (POE)

    - 8 channel minimum

    - Compatible with generic IP cameras

    - GOOD quality PC and app software

    - Under $1,000 for a bundle, under $300 for just an NVR

    submitted by /u/brennybaseball
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment