• Breaking News

    Friday, January 1, 2021

    Home security: NVR Access with DDNS

    Home security: NVR Access with DDNS


    NVR Access with DDNS

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:29 PM PST

    I'm trying to configure my Honeywell DVR with IP cameras using DDNS to view remotely. I have a DDNS hostname from No-IP and have that info entered in my router and DVR. However, I'm not able to connect to the cameras. When I enter the DDNS hostname in a web browserI get a timeout error. The same happens when I enter my actual IP address in a browser (with or without the port extension).

    Any suggestions to troubleshoot?

    submitted by /u/bored123abc
    [link] [comments]

    Simplisafe

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:56 PM PST

    I am looking at getting simplisafe for my new house, is there something way better out there for me?

    I travel a lot so want something I can check on the status of and arm and disarm when I am away. Easy to view inside and doorbell cameras. And something that just works.

    submitted by /u/DP5115
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use a commercial NVR solution, Blue Iris or nothing at all??

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:50 AM PST

    Hey there,

    I live in a detached house and I now have an indoor security system which is subscription based. I want to move away from subscriptions and I've been thinking that I rather stop thieves before they get in than be notified after they break into my house.

    So, I've been taking a look at the different video surveillance systems and I'm a bit confused...

    1) I could go the battery + wifi camera route. I already have one (Reolink) covering my back entrance. It works fine, the battery lasts several months, the PIR works and I have very few false motion alarms (mostly neighbour's cats). I'm not favouring this option because a)I would need a strong wifi signal that I don't have outside, b) More than one camera means paying subscription fees to Reolink if you want to use their cloud service, c) I have quite a long and wide frontyard and the PIR is not effective more than 10 meters away and d) I would like to save 24x7 footage

    2) PoE camera route. Either a commercial kit solution (Reolink for example as I'm already a customer) or a home based Blue Iris solution. Won't have problems installing cables, PoE switch or whatever is needed. My main fear is: am I going to be flooded by false motion alarms?? I want to be notified if anyone is in my front or back yard so I can take action. If I am going to get lots of false notifications (specially at night) then it is worthless to me. Reolink offers now PoE cams+nvr kits with ai and person detection but I don't know if that is just a marketing gimmick. And Blue Iris also has some ways to implement ai...

    What are your thoughts?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Xocas75
    [link] [comments]

    Looking For low Profile Motion Sensor

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 08:03 AM PST

    I cannot seem to find a motion sensor that can be easily hidden/ removed on the fly. I am looking for a motion sensor that will be directly connected to my pc. The sensor will be approximately 10 feet away. I want to be able to program my pc to do certain operations when the motion sensor is triggered. I am not looking for a light that turns on with motion sensing.

    submitted by /u/Momongaka
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment