• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 22, 2020

    Home security: Yup, that’s a camera you have just looked at.

    Home security: Yup, that’s a camera you have just looked at.


    Yup, that’s a camera you have just looked at.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Options for connecting flood lights to a camera detection event?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    I'm currently planning some security measures that would involve an NVR camera system, flood lights, and perhaps an audible alarm. I do not want always-on lights, or a ton of false detections. This is a windy area, and I'm afraid the tree branches would always be setting off simple motion detectors.

    Is there a way to trigger the lights when the smarter IP cameras detect a person, rather than rely on crappier motion sensing tech built into flood lights? I imagine that this could be done with DIY NVR software, but I don't even know where to start learning about something like that or sourcing parts.

    submitted by /u/HerringLaw
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help with alarm wiring please?!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    I'm trying to wire in a door sensor to my alarm system, should I be using "common" and "Z1" or "Z1" and "Ground"?

    Thank you!

    (I lost my alarm instruction manual 🤦‍♂️) https://imgur.com/ekmxHXb.jpg

    submitted by /u/watfordjester
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security System

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    What do you guys recommend for a home security system? I am looking for something that is a one time fee and no monthly cost.

    I was mostly looking between the Ring or Eufy offerings but open to any others. The only secondary feature I would like if possible is that if the system is not armed but a door is opened there is a chime. Even if that chime comes from alexa. So it would be nice to have integration with Alexa or homekit.

    For reference currently I have a eufy doorbell and 10 perimeter poe cameras that go to blue iris. So this system is more if we are sleeping or during the day if a young child opens a door we hear a chime.

    submitted by /u/OtherFword
    [link] [comments]

    Does a camera with a combination of these specific features exist?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm trying to find if a security camera exist with the following combination of features:

    1. Works with HomeKit
    2. Wireless (to any degree)
    3. Does not need a subscription and in fact does not relay on internet access (just local WiFi) or at least does not or cannot send data to any company's server (meaning, truly a local system).
    4. Has some video storage capabilities, either on device or on local system (computer, app, local network, etc')

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/IncreasinglyTrippy
    [link] [comments]

    door bolt

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Outdoor WiFi security camera system - Cold weather - Satellite internet

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    Hello,

    My father is looking for a 3 camera security system to install at his new house. He went ahead and installed power outlets at each location rather than running Ethernet cables for POE. I'm looking for recommendations on an easy system to operate (he's not good with technology) as well as a system that doesn't use a lot of bandwidth since they only have limited satellite internet. He's in northern MN so the temps are often well below freezing. I've looked at the Reolink 511w systems with an NVR and that seems like a decent option but the specs only support -14F.

    Also I'm sure he would like push notifications on his phone but I'm unsure if a reolink supports this. He's on a limited budget so not looking to spend a lot of coin. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Low-and-slow
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion on this kit ?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    So I found this kit for good pricing ( about 200$ incl vat )

    There are some suspicious things, such as no specific camera type, the effective resolution ( how its 1080p while they say its 5 megapixels! )

    Is it a good deal ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/PartlyProfessional
    [link] [comments]

    Linux server for camera footage?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 11:20 PM PDT

    I don't like paying monthly subscriptions, particularly for things I can self-host. I have a linux server running here which I use to store/play all my media, why not put camera footage there too?

    Any recommendations for such software? + Compatible cameras?

    Requirements:

    • Should be easy to view footage from an Android phone
    • Motion detection. Doesn't need to be clever (no need to filter out dogs/cars)
    • Preferably will record on a loop; let me specify I want to keep the last X GiB of video or X minutes so it doesn't completely consume my harddrives :-) Otherwise I can probably set up a cron to prune it...
    • Camera has to be battery powered w/ wifi. No screws; maybe adhesive tape. Does *not* need weatherproofing nor nightvision
    • Server should run command-line or via web GUI; I'm running Ubuntu Server

    Edit: I just discovered peephole cameras are a thing. That's what I want. Just need to find a good one that can send alerts... but since theft isn't such a big deal w/ the camera on the inside, even an SD card would probably suffice.

    submitted by /u/VlK06eMBkNRo6iqf27pq
    [link] [comments]

    How to take advantage of my pre-installed system

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    I am a new home owner and a complete noob to home security. The house previously had brinks monitoring but I don't want to go that route and was hopefully looking into using self monitoring (smartthings maybe) but also to see if there are standalone companies that do monitoring besides the big ones that charge a fortune.. The current alarm panel is wired to wireless setup using the Alula RE508X translator and the panel itself is a 2 GIG - GCKIT311. How can I take advantage of the system so I don't have to go the other routes?

    submitted by /u/Ezzy17
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment