• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 9, 2020

    Home security: Trying to figure out what these devices are

    Home security: Trying to figure out what these devices are


    Trying to figure out what these devices are

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/2BLLTV5

    Was staying at a guest house that stated no indoor cameras. We were suspect that these were indeed cameras and not just motion detectors. Was wondering if anyone could confirm a model?

    submitted by /u/reddituser424
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed: Long wire run capable security camera systems

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    Hi, first time poster. I've read through the wiki, and done research, but I'm a bit at a loss. Lately we've had some things happen with trespassers that have me concerned and I want to get cameras up ASAP.

    Situation:

    1. The camera(s) at the head of the driveway would be ~500ft from our home
    2. There are no auxiliary electric outlets between the home and the end of the driveway
    3. Location is in Minnesota so would need cold capable cameras/housings
    4. Our home internet speeds are a dumpster fire ~9mbs down/ 0.5mbs up, it's slow, but reliable

    Wants/Needs:

    Due to slow speed internet, I'm ok with streaming or remote viewing being secondary. I'd like to have a dedicated hard drive and monitor. Ideally something that works within our Mac ecosystem (iOS devices, Macbook Pros).

    It appears that PoE won't work at the distance I need. Do I need to look at an RG6 direct bury coax with power?

    I'm fairly handy, or at least willing to spend the time to get it right. So I'd love any suggestions for a system or DIY that I could compile together to build out.

    submitted by /u/mostlybald
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment