• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 17, 2020

    Home security: ADT TSSC panel

    Home security: ADT TSSC panel


    ADT TSSC panel

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    Planning on leaving ADT and I have the TSSC panel with pulse. Is it true this panel can't be used with other providers and is tied only to ADT? If so which panel would you recommend getting and which company? I'm leaning toward the IQ2 and surety/alarm.com but hard to justify the price point if it won't work with my smart home devices (nest / Wemo / amazon smart plugs)

    submitted by /u/DTK101
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion on Annke Cameras?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    Title says it all. I'm looking for a few cameras to put around the outside of the house, and a few cameras I can put near the road to catch license plates. For the house I was looking at the C800 turret cameras, for the road the C800 Zoom cameras. The cameras look to be whitelabed hikvision, and they're more up front about the technical specifications than other vendors I've looked at.

    Are there better deals or distributors out there? Anyone with personal experience with Annke?

    Cameras: https://www.annke.com/products/c800?variant=33662230528139 https://www.annke.com/collections/store/products/c800-zoom

    submitted by /u/TheOssuary
    [link] [comments]

    I need an honest review, please.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    Hello everyone- I want to secure my home and I am not sure what I should go with, I want to invest in security cameras, as well as a security system with monitoring. I was checking out SimpliSafe, and Ring outdoor cams.

    I also got a quote from ADT which is pretty high, and the ADT sales guy was talking me out of SinpliSafe and showing me a YouTube video of 'hacking' a SimpliSafe system and he was telling me how ADT is 'better' than all systems out there.

    Anyhow, I live in AZ, and I was hoping if you could guide me or help me choose the right system and whether or not you are a SimpliSafe customer, and if so, would you please share your experience? And do you recommend any other provider?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/almargahi
    [link] [comments]

    Any cheaper alternatives to a qolsys panel system monitoring? Currently with Link Interactive @ 40 bucks a month.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    I have a qolsys iq panel 2 Central station monitoring with ability to view snapshots from the panel camera as well as 2 motion sensors with built in cameras Remote arming and disarming from the app Alerts and monitoring of life safety devices such as co and smoke detectors.

    Currently I'm paying 40 bucks a month with Link Interactive, and I purchased all the equipment outright.

    Advice much appreciated. Considering surety once I figure out which package I need and cost after add ons

    submitted by /u/mt379
    [link] [comments]

    Envisalink EVL 4 vs Alarmdecoder ad2pi vs Safe by Hub6

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    I have a Honeywell/Ademco Vista 20p alarm panel. I am looking for an option to self monitor my panel but also have the option to professionally monitor it for ~$10 per month. The reason I am posting this is because I want to see the best option for me for my alarm system. I originally thought I should use Konnected and completely replace the alarm panel, but something about that didn't seem right. I wanted the sole function of the alarm panel to work, that is at least turn on the siren in the event of a break in or CO event. Using the alarm panel with it's simple yet very proven technology seems like the right way to go to ensure the greatest reliability.

    Now, to interface the panel with the internet to get a cheaper monitoring service. The first product I found was the Envisalink, and it seems like a great solution for me. However, there is one downside, which I have heard but I need clarification on. Supposedly you cannot monitor zones while the system is armed, which is something I would probably want to do for Home Assistant/other smart home system) purposes. Then, I heard of the alarmdecoder. However, their product seems less reliable, because it needs another piece of hardware to work, such as a raspberry pi. Although Pi's can certainly be reliable, I don't want to have to worry about keeping it up to date, or possible exploits in linux. BUT, they say they can use "virtual relays" to get the state of zones despite the system being armed. Again, I need some clarification on this, because I am not sure if the envisalink can actually do that. And finally, the Safe by Hub6. Looks extremely polished compared to the other two. Even includes a cellular backup. HOWEVER, I want this system to last for years. Many of the Hub6 monitoring features seem reliant on the cloud, and while the alarm system would continue to work just fine, if Hub6 went bankrupt, I believe the product would stop functioning as well. As much as I want the cellular backup and nice polished app, unless it has some element of local control (such as an API like the envisalink or alarmdecoder) then it may be a dealbreaker for me. If Hub6 was older in this game, I may trust them more, but I am a little dubious. At least the envisalink can be controlled locally via an API with home assistant in case the company goes down the drain later.

    Does anybody have any experience with these?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RandoModBuild
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience with using Powerline and a PoE injector?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have some cameras I want to put up but they would be a major inconvenience to wire then up the attic. I do have power sources nearby. I was thinking maybe use a powerline and PoE injector? Anyone done something like that? If so, I'm wondering if this process works.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/GarageRich
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone app

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    I'm looking to purchase security cameras for my home and want an app that works well with iPhone.

    submitted by /u/mms901
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Hello everyone. I've been having trouble with personal items being stolen from my work office and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a hidden ip camera. Maybe disguised as a radio or something similar. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/baedriian
    [link] [comments]

    Cheapest TotalConnect2 Self-Monitoring Plan?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    I have been doing cellular self-monitoring of a Vista 20P via totalconnect for a couple years now. It seems like for DIY monitoring, the company you go through is really only involved during the setup process. Therefore I'd like to find the cheapest way to get TotalConnect 2.0. I don't care about automation. Just monitoring and control of all zones.

    I suppose I would be willing to purchase a different communicator and use a different service if it's cheaper and at least as good as TC, but TC is fine and I already have the LTE-XV.

    submitted by /u/awyeah2
    [link] [comments]

    Alternatives to IP2M-858W (with optical zoom)

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    So I live on a large farm and currently have amcrest IP2M-858W set up to monitor the property and cows (as well as other amcrest cameras). But now that amcrest is switching from there older "Amcrest Surveillance Pro" and pushing a new "amcrest smart home cloud" app and not updating their older cameras to work with it I am thinking its time to find an alternative with better longer term support than what amcrest offers. While I have despite its flaws enjoyed their hardware I've always been disappointed in the software and blue iris is a little to complicated for the other users in my household. so ya looking for suggestions and I need the powerful optical zoom and would like a system that also has bullet-cams (wifi or POE). I'm trying to avoid having to run multiple apps and find a manufacturer that has a little longer running support since these cameras were almost $400 at purchase. Thanks for your Help!

    submitted by /u/L0ST_n_Qz
    [link] [comments]

    Ring vs Nest Oudoor Cameras (motion recording only)?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    If you dont pay for the 24/7 continuous recording subscription tier on Nest, you only get motion detection recording. With this in mind, how does the Nest outdoor cam compare to the Ring outdoor cameras (stick up and spotlight cams)?

    submitted by /u/spartyon11
    [link] [comments]

    Connect PIR and door contact in series.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    Hi all I have paradox sp5500. Planning to install a nv5 pir sensor at my wet kitchen. There's door contact at my kitchen door.

    Will it work if I connect a pir sensor in series with the door contact?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/gyeung
    [link] [comments]

    Pin kit for Delaney

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Was wondering if anyone knows what re-key kit works with Delaney locks (Schlage, Kwikset, etc). I'd go ask Lowe's but the lock guy is always out and the person covering has 0 knowledge about it.

    Specifically the Delaney Visconti series.

    submitted by /u/TheMagnificentMakrel
    [link] [comments]

    Offering Quotes for Home security and alarms / cameras. professional installation/ DIY options

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    so i work for a company that has partnerships with a few big name security companies and we get tremendous deals for our customers. If you are interested in a free quote or more information on a DIY or professionally installed options shoot me a DM would love to help!

    submitted by /u/Homesecurityguy1
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to protect my room and don't know where to start

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    Hey Reddit,

    I have a room out back that is disconnected from my house. I'm currently using it as a music studio but I don't feel too keen leaving all my gear in there withought some sort of security system.

    Does anyone have a security reccomendation that I could take to keep my gear safe? I can't seem to find an alarm system that monitors just one room.

    Any help would do :)

    submitted by /u/WellyHill
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment