• Breaking News

    Monday, July 27, 2020

    Home security: Home buyer looking for security camera system recommendations

    Home security: Home buyer looking for security camera system recommendations


    Home buyer looking for security camera system recommendations

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    I'm somewhat tech savvy and have a old desktop that I'm not using and would like to hopefully make it an NVR.

    The PC specs are:

    i5 3570k 16gb DDR3 AMD 7870HD 250gb SSD 8TB WD Red

    I think 5-8 cameras would be a good setup for my house and I definitely want POE as I don't trust in wireless camera security. My home upload speed is only 2mbps and not sure if that is fast enough to have remote access while away from home but would be nice.

    I would like to have storage that is expandable, currently my 8tb is a single drive but would like to have a raid setup in the future for backup.

    I'm not looking for any service with a monthly fee/sub and not a fan of my data getting sent to some 3rd party somewhere.

    submitted by /u/Imsofakingwetoded
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a driveway cam

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. I'm looking for a driveway cam that can do the following things:

    -Solar powered with a good enough batter to last though the night
    -antenna to reach my house wifi (60 yards away)
    -has an app that will text me when motion sensor turns on

    submitted by /u/NewMasterKush
    [link] [comments]

    Computer specs for smooth operation, will this old system work well?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    I have an old system (specs below) and am wondering how well it would run blue iris running 8 4k cameras (annke c800). I'm a complete newbie to the security world trying to learn as much as I can before I spend the $$. Thanks in advance!

    System: i7 920 - 2.7GHz

    12 GB ram

    Windows 10

    I have an older video card if that helps things (radeon hd 5850).

    Will this work well, or should I scrap it and look for something else?

    Thanks again.

    Any other tips as I research? Other good resources for complete beginners?

    (EDIT formatting)

    submitted by /u/MrKaboomCult
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment