• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 26, 2020

    Home security: CAR CRUSHED INTO MY HOME - killed my tree and hit my outside wall

    Home security: CAR CRUSHED INTO MY HOME - killed my tree and hit my outside wall


    CAR CRUSHED INTO MY HOME - killed my tree and hit my outside wall

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Hello guys, hope you all can help me with your knowledge.

    Just straight to the point, I'm looking for a wireless device that can help me mirror my tv display that show my cameras, because they are in my kitchen and I want also to show them in my bedroom in another tv without any cables. I can also split hdmi cable but It would be really hard to hide the cables from the dvr that is also in the kitchen. I have already looked on amazon but I am just hoping someone have these decide already and can recommend me something that actually work

    Anyway just to tell my story, my mom has a large property , my brother visit us last week and he was listening to loud music . We feel a little impact , we thought it was the trucks that pass by because the road it's not great there , but in the morning I saw that my 8 feet tree was taking down, it was destroy, I was angry and sad because I took really good care of my little trees and garden, so I look into the cameras and the time when we feel the impact , what really was it was a car going at normal speed and then crashing into my outside wall, my little tree recieve the impact and got destroyed, then the owner of the car just proceed to leave.

    Im still sad about my tree , it protected us from a way severe impact, I will look and post image and videos of the accident on Facebook because I think they are people from near my area, and I'm angry because they don't even knock my door or something.

    I apologize for my English, just hope you can advice and recommend a device that can do a mirror tv display wireless hdmi ,Because I'm always at home and working at home so this will definitely help me to always be more vigilant

    THANKS in advance

    submitted by /u/Jeremaya1
    [link] [comments]

    Mysterious call- not sure who to ask for help

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    Hi, I don't know who to ask about this but I thought this subreddit would have some tech-savvy people in it (direct me elsewhere if you have any ideas). A few days ago I received a call on my cell phone from "No Caller ID" and didn't answer. Afterward, I saw it left a voicemail of ambient noise from inside my house: the radio playing and my dog walking around. We have several cameras set up that saw nothing, and the police searched the house and found nothing. It's got to be some kind of hack or glitch, but I've never heard of anything like this happening on a landline phone. I don't call my landline, so I don't know how my cell number would have been saved in the phone. Does anyone know of any possibilities as to what is going on here? I'm nervous that my house isn't secure anymore. Also, can home security cameras be hacked? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/altocumulus8
    [link] [comments]

    Pump shotgun flashlight for under $100

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    I have a cheap 200 lumen tactical light that I can mount on my Mossberg 500 forend, but I'd like to upgrade to something more reliable and a little brighter.

    submitted by /u/Fubarufubar
    [link] [comments]

    Securing a motel room

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    Hey all! So the family and I booked a room at a very small motel in rural area surrounding a lake. We just arrived and the family running the hotel seems nice, but the place is obviously very old and outdated. We are on the end of the block of rooms, opening up to basically wilderness.Our issue is that the door to our room only has a knobblock, plus the door opens out, if that makes sense. So a door stop or a barricade wouldn't really work. Any ideas for us to make it more secure tonight? Theres nothing besides gas stations open in a 30 mile radius. We aren't paranoid but it is a little concerning how easily someone could come in, especially in a rural area. Any idea on how to barricade the door for the night are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Arimmer90
    [link] [comments]

    Review of Lorex security system.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Bought a Lorex system 18 months ago; worked great... at first. Then, One of the cameras became defective. Got on the phone with the so-called service Dept... for over 3 hours ( yes, 3 hours and 11 minutes total ) they screwed me around with taking down all the cameras, serial numbers, you name it! Only to be told at the end that they would not replace the camera - that despite the fact that I had bought a warranty with the system.! So, be warned - the system works good until something goes wrong then you're on the phone with an agent somewhere in the Phillipines that will ask you all kinds of stupid questions not relating to the original problem only to refuse you at the end. Their service stinks!

    submitted by /u/redrider53
    [link] [comments]

    UK Recommendations for indoor cameras

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a few indoor cameras for a house. I'd like to be able to monitor them remotely over mobile data on an Android device, for them to have motion detection, night vision, at least 1024, battery operated, and for them to send an alert to a mobile device if motion is detected and to start recording. I'd also like to view multiple cameras from one app.

    I'm not looking to pay hundreds for each cam, Amazon has cheap and cheerful for £25 per camera and so on, but would like to ask for recommendations.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/sc3nner
    [link] [comments]

    Why IR-pass filter?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    Hi

    I've noticed that the 'night vision' mode of many CCTVs allow only IR light to pass as the image is black and white. Does it mean that the IR filter mechanism switches between an IR-cut filter and an IR-pass filter? How come these cameras don't allow the entire spectrum through in night-vision mode, i.e. use no filter during night-vision mode?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/lord_otter
    [link] [comments]

    Secure fence gate lock

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Looking to replace the lock shown in the pictures. I want some recommendations. I prefer something that can only be opened from the inside without fiddling with padlocks unless there is a better option.

    Thanks

    Inside and outside shots

    submitted by /u/emyashiru
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment