• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 26, 2020

    Home security: Best video doorbell?

    Home security: Best video doorbell?


    Best video doorbell?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    We recently got a Simplisafe video doorbell and after only 2 weeks it's stopped working. Since I'm stil within the 60 day window for free returns, I'm considering sending it back and getting a different brand rather than go through the hassle of getting a replacement. I initially got the Simplisafe because we already had the security system, so I didn't do any research on other cameras. Here's where you all come in. In your opinion, what is the best hardwired video doorbell at the moment? Pros/cons of various brands/types?

    submitted by /u/lapetiteparleuse
    [link] [comments]

    I impulse bought an "Ooma wireless home security starter kit" and I'm not sure if I'm using it wrong, or if it's junk. Advice appreciated. Also I'm in Canada, I should have mentioned that earlier, sorry.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    Basically I bought this and while I love some things about it, others I'm confused about. I wanted a basic home security setup that didn't require a monthly subscription, just something with door sensors and motion sensors and a local alarm and app notifications.

    Firstly, I cannot get it to link to Google Home, which is an advertised feature.

    Second, I'm in Canada and for some reason I can't figure out where to buy the sirens for it.

    Lastly, while I don't really want cameras, Ooma has had a couple of "smart cameras" but they're unavailable for purchase anywhere.

    tl;dr Did I buy into a dying brand? If yes, how long until the servers go down and even "local" stuff isn't available on the (limited) sensor options?

    submitted by /u/ResurrectedToast
    [link] [comments]

    ADT control panel not working after disconnection with ADT

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    We quit ADT monitoring after our contract was fulfilled, and is hoping to self-monitor using the control panel which is engraved to our wall. According to the 2GIG control panel guideline, even if we have ended the contract, the alarm should still sound when opening/ closing certain doors, windows, etc just not sent to ADT. The 2GIG alarm panel should work just like it would even if not connected to a security/ alarming system.

    submitted by /u/Vankimster
    [link] [comments]

    New House Previous Security Cameras

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    I bought a house yesterday and realized it has two of these cameras installed in the front and back yard. They both have Ethernet running into the attic plugged into a poe box along with another Ethernet cable labeled feed that I am assuming went to the internet.

    I was wondering if anyone know what brand of camera this is and does it need some sort of central recording device or what I could do to get access to them and make sure previous owners don't have access anymore?

    https://i.imgur.com/G7Q2ufJ.jpg

    submitted by /u/RaminNoodle
    [link] [comments]

    Replace Vivint (Skypanel) with another System

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    Hey, first time posting here!

    Just bought a house that has an entire Vivint system installed. Given the option to take over the contract, I had no interest in being tied into a system that cost $30-50 a month. The equipment is paid for and I was looking into any possibility of re purposing it using a different system. Long story short I found the skypanel is basically useless but some of the sensors could possibly be used depending on what type they are.

    Well news changed and the owner has decided to just try and sell all of the equipment before they move thus there will now be some spots where equipment was. I assume this means there will now be wires sticking out of certain spots where that equipment was, specifically the skypanel, 2 indoor cameras, 2 outdoor cameras, 2 motion sensors. I'm not sure of the wireless smoke detectors/carbon monoxide are hard lined in at all or completely wireless?

    Anywho. Are there any options/systems that use the same type of connection / voltages that would already be wired in the house? Specifically replacing the skypanel and the cameras. Are the voltages pretty universal? Do the cameras transfer data wireless or through a wire through the wall?

    Any help or insight would be great! Thanks everyone.

    submitted by /u/armitage2112
    [link] [comments]

    Help w/ NVR switching.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is thew right sub, but am asking anyway. I have a Montavue NVR and 8 POE cameras. I want to put the NVR in a separate building from the cameras. The two buildings are connected via fiber data link. Can I run all 8 cameras into an POE switch, from the POE switch into my main gigabit switch which is connected to the fiber, then one cable from the switch on the other end to the NVR?

    submitted by /u/random_redditor838
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use an indoor CCTV camera outdoors if it's guaranteed to stay dry?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    I've seen a great CCTV camera that i'd like to use on my porch which is protected from rain (but not the cold).

    Is it possible/wise to use an indoor camera outdoor as long as it will remain dry?

    submitted by /u/bazpaul
    [link] [comments]

    Residential Outdoor Cameras (DIY) with phone capabilities

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Looking to accomplish two outdoor cameras that can be viewed on phone.

    What are some good inexpensive options and do these come as kits or what would be needed?

    How can I tell the encryption is solid or wouldn't be some cheap option that can easily be hacked? Is this something one should consider or be concerned about (after all the Ring doorbell crap has been going on)?

    submitted by /u/Mikebrianemailguy
    [link] [comments]

    How to reset a iTEC iCODE2 doorlock?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    My uncle recently purchased a house and one of the doors has a security lock on them. It is from the brand iTEC and the product is iCODE2.

    I managed to find this manual. The english text is at the last pages. He did not get a password code from the previous owners and is now stuck with this lock that he wants to use.
    Step 5.1 mentions pressing a reset button, but he has no clue where this button is.

    Can anyone help me and my uncle to fix this problem? I'm asking the question since he is not really handy online.

    submitted by /u/Henchman05
    [link] [comments]

    [Q:] Help Me Replace Monitronics/Honeywell/Ademco LYNX Alarm Pad

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Hi Guys!

    First time poster and I thank you in advance for your guidance.

    Moving into a home that was build in 2006 and it's got a beast of a LYNX key pad. I've never seen anything that large!

    I'm looking to replace the pad and also install a Konnected tie-in, so that I can use the existing system, both from the pad as well as from the phone, and pick up monitoring services.

    What pad would you recommend I upgrade to? Anything smaller is a win 😁

    Link to Existing Pad

    submitted by /u/ViperHU
    [link] [comments]

    Mounting in Engineered Wood Soffit?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Has anyone ever mounted a bullet cam to an engineered wood soffit like LP SmartSide? This is the material used for both trim and soffits at my home. I have a bullet camera with a Dahua aluminum junction box ready to go, but I can't decide if I should try to mount it to the soffit or mount it to the side of the house just below the soffit.

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    submitted by /u/ChappyEight
    [link] [comments]

    Nest Cam in UAE

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    Google took over Nest and left UAE residents out to dry as they're not supporting Nest aware anymore. I need a fix as I've spent a bloody enormous amount on these cameras.. I'd like more than just an IMAGE when the cameras notice movement. What's the point!! So basically, now.. I can only watch live video. Any chance anyone have any tips on how to make it work?

    submitted by /u/faridskhan
    [link] [comments]

    What VMS should I choose

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    I have heard of Blue iris, sighthound, ispy and milestone. From past post I found out milestone was free and it would be the better one. But after fiddleing around i came to the conclusion that milestone is made for company's and not consumers. So here I'm at.

    One requirement I have is that the vms should have a smart detection system and not like the one's who comes out of the box from the camera.

    Another requirement is that the vms have a remote viewing system (like an app). Where I can get notifications and so forth.

    Please mention pros and cons for the vms you recommend.

    submitted by /u/JohnnySpag
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment