• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 7, 2020

    Home security: Need system to watch special needs daughter

    Home security: Need system to watch special needs daughter


    Need system to watch special needs daughter

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    So my daughter who is 17 yet mental capacity of 2 likes to spend time in her room. All of our doors have triple locks, cabinets are secured and anything else is pretty much thoight of because its low tech. My wife and i would like to sit outside on our deck or in the hot tub. We cant because we cant keep an eye on my daughter whos in her room. My daughter walks and we dont want her roaming around the house and we can see her. Baby monitors worked great but the screen is so small. I was thinking Bout a small flat screen tv moubted outside that has live feed feom my daughters room. Preferably wireless, in color and that its not too technical to set up. Dont need recording capability or storage. Any ideas or examples? THANK YOU!!!

    submitted by /u/Surge516
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on indoor camera

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm looking for a good camera for indoor setup, to only use when I'm outside the home. I need to monitor my home door and terrace windows.

    I'm quite new to the topic, but reading the other post, I think these are the features that the camera should have:

    Feature:

    - motion detection (reduced amount of false positive).

    - night vision

    - camera pan/til... I want to move it :D

    - wifi (and app notification in case the motion detection triggers)

    - live view

    - I don't care about sd storage, but it would be nice if it could record and upload the video/streaming to a cloud storage I choose (onedrive for instance) when the sensor triggers.

    - I don't want any subscription plan

    The budget I was thinking is about 100€ (Europe market)... what do you think?

    I read some suggestions about Wyze cameras, but they doesn't convince me (some lag, record missing, privacy issue?)

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mx16p
    [link] [comments]

    Moved to a new house with existing alarm system but don't know the passcode for it

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    Annoyingly I can't post a picture of my alarm control panel on here but if a kind soul thinks they would be able to help me, I can provide one through DM. It's an old system and I can't see a name on the cover and I don't want to pop it open in case it sounds the alarm. There is a serial number at the top but Google didn't return any result.

    I am under the impression that it is possible to use a master code or resetting the system somehow. Is there an engineer here who thinks they might be able to help?

    submitted by /u/baked-noodle
    [link] [comments]

    Cameras like Blink but better than Blink?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    I got 2 Blink cameras a couple years ago to monitor the front of my house. They are... well... OK.

    Biggest issue is that I'm constantly replacing batteries. I bought some rechargeable 1.5v lithium batteries but these seem to go dead within 3 days.

    I live on a street with moderate traffic. I think Blink cameras would be ideal if you were monitoring an area with minimal events. In my case, I'm constantly replacing batteries. Even with a full battery, the cameras seem to have gotten less reliable over time requiring me to reboot them by removing the batteries.

    Also, the way the Blink motion detection works is sort of wonky. I suppose to conserve battery power they do it this way but between the short recordings and retrigger times, a lot of events are missed.

    Is there a solution out there that is wireless, stores data in the cloud, and somehow has a larger and preferably rechargeable battery pack?

    Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/Bootie_Mash
    [link] [comments]

    Doorbell cameras like Ring?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    I was thinking of purchasing a Ring system but I've seen that there are other doorbells by other brands cheaper.

    Anyone have any suggestions for one that would work as well as ring? And a hoe security system that's diy and cheap?

    submitted by /u/cavs79
    [link] [comments]

    Hi everyone! Need some help reconfiguring cctv system!

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Bought new dvr. Not seeing existing be sdi cameras from old dvr

    Hi Everyone

    When I moved into my new house there was a system with cctv cameras connected to a no name dvr. I tried all the default passwords and generators and couldn't get through to the admin settings to setup remote online view. So I bought a hikvision 7200 dvr. I went through the setup but when I got to the camera screen in the wizard, it wouldn't pick up any of the cameras connected to it. I am starting to think maybe the cameras don't work with this dvr?

    The camera and old noname dvr both have AG written by the serial number which makes me think this was a package deal system. The camera has two cables coming out of it. Hd sdi and power. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Link to camera image

    https://imgur.com/a/KwYZICS

    submitted by /u/slightly_entertained
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment