• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 19, 2020

    Home security: $500,00 Stolen from avocado ranch

    Home security: $500,00 Stolen from avocado ranch


    $500,00 Stolen from avocado ranch

    Posted: 19 May 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    In desperate need for a security camera that runs without wifi and solar powered. Can't find any reliable cameras. Located in California so there's plenty of sun, most solar surveillance systems just suck. Price is not an issue.

    submitted by /u/sthenosmistress
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations on CCTV system

    Posted: 19 May 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Hi, I am looking for advice on a whole home cctv system. Two of my vehicles were stolen from my driveway and in front of my house on the same night.

    Thankfully one was recovered more or less unharmed however my daily driver was totaled.

    The current system on top of the list is the Dahua 16ch 4K system with 12 cameras dome included. It is right around the $1,700 mark for package through B/H. Special order.

    Does anyone have any experience with this system or ordering from b/h? Any alternatives would be appreciated. I have looked a little into hikvision system but not as much as the dahua.

    submitted by /u/SrBello
    [link] [comments]

    Self Hosted solution for viewing all DVRs.

    Posted: 19 May 2020 04:37 AM PDT

    I'm trying to figure out a way to host a website to view all of my DVRs using their channel 0.

    Basically, I want all of my DVRs to stream to a self hosted website, so I can port forward the site and view all of the DVRs remotely without port forwarding each DVR.

    I have tried iSpy agent, but it just won't register my DVRs. They're Hikvision. I've tried dev.us.gaurdingvision.com but it also doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/AtillaTheHungg
    [link] [comments]

    DSC PK5501

    Posted: 19 May 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I currently have the DSC PK5501 System in my house and my home security just expired and I was looking to self-monitor! Is it possible to turn this system into a self-monitor system or would I have to upgrade to something else? If so which system would you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/lvuoo97
    [link] [comments]

    Working on security system. Dotting my i's

    Posted: 19 May 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    My wife has been receiving some threats and as a result I'm looking to install a security system asap. I figured I'll start with one camera and once I get that going, I can add a few. After reading here, decided going the DIY route was far more powerful in the long run than buying into Amazons or others ecosystems.

    Planning to go blue iris

    Looking at this camera since monoprice has never let me down in the past. camera

    Looking at this poe injector injector bv tech

    I have an old PC from a prior build that should run fine with a new psu and harddrive.

    Questions:

    Is the camera overkill? Could I drop to a 2 or 4mp without losing much?

    How big of a harddrive do I really need? Dont need 24/7 recording necessarily want a large enough film time to ensure all events are captured (1 to 2 minutes)

    In the grand scheme, would I better off going with something like this. camera system

    As far as I understand it. I need the camera, cat cable, the injector, and my pc running blue iris. Am I missing anything else?

    submitted by /u/GenericHbomb
    [link] [comments]

    This COVID cover reinvents the earworm jingle we all know and love (or hate)

    Posted: 19 May 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Newbie living alone looking for home defense advice on how to protect from break ins and security cameras that don’t need wifi and can’t be tampered with

    Posted: 19 May 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    I am new to hone security so please bear with me. I am a female who lives alone in a third floor apartment. There are no gates or security cameras to come in. I don't know my neighbors. I do not have a deadbolt or alarm and my door only has one lock that seems very weak.

    I will be suing another person in a few weeks and this person is shady and morally bankrupt. I would not put it past them to pay someone to break in when I'm not there to rifle through my stuff and/or put up hidden cameras. This has made me very seriously consider my home security and how I need to beef it up. I am only concerned with them breaking in when I'm not there as this person would not do it when I'm home. So my questions veer towards protecting my place when I'm gone although I'd like to get advice for protecting my place in general from intruders whether I'm home or not.

    Here are the things I'd like to get recommendations:

    1) something I can do or install to enforce my door from being broken into when I'm home and not home?

    2) a security camera I can use that won't be tampered with and doesn't need wifi as I don't have wifi or cellular data other than my phone and I take it with me when I leave. I was thinking of using a game camera or an old iPod touch with camera but it seems it can be tampered with if the person breaking in sees it, all they have do do is edit themselves out of the video?

    3) legal weapons I can keep my bed and in the entryway in case someone breaks in so I can protect myself? Hammer? Mace? Bug spray? Knife? I don't want to get in trouble with the law though, so nothing illegal. I just want to protect myself in case.

    4) easy tells that I can set up when I leave so I can tell if someone was inside my place?

    Thanks very much!

    submitted by /u/toootoooop
    [link] [comments]

    Duress Codes For Safes

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    Think about it Alarm Systems Have Duress Codes or Holdup Codes What if we took a Safe And Did the Same thing and would also Call the Cops If the Holdup Code Was Entered and for Security Purpose We could Have two Enter Buttons that would work normally but when you enter the holdup code you would need to press both enter button to enter to holdup code that way even if accidental press wouldn't call the cops for a high priority response

    Good Idea Right????

    submitted by /u/yew_yue_shua
    [link] [comments]

    PC1616 Security System Questions

    Posted: 18 May 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    I finally got my PC1616 + DSC security system configured with an Envisalink 4, however now I'm finding that I have multiple doors / windows triggering off the same zone (for example, my front door, garage door are zone 1, and the front door and back door motion sensors are both zone 6).

    Super frustrating and I'm wondering how much of a project it is to separate them to their own zones (is it rewiring at the panel... or the actual monitored location? Reprogramming? Both?)

    Also, are there any wireless contacts that could be configured with my system? I'm wanting to put some on an outside shed.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Hiyashichuka
    [link] [comments]

    Focus on Detection via motion sensors and cams w/o an avalanche of false positives?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    I'm interested in focusing on Deter and Detect by using Ring cams in conjunction with an army of motion sensors. To limit false positives, I'm writing an automation to only alert me if at least 2 sensors/cams detect motion at the same time. From there I can activate sirens or maybe have them activate automatically? Is this feasible? Is there a better way? And what's the best way to reliably alert myself while asleep?

    submitted by /u/bchobbs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment