• Breaking News

    Friday, April 3, 2020

    Home security: What's the BEST diy multi camera system?

    Home security: What's the BEST diy multi camera system?


    What's the BEST diy multi camera system?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    Looking for an 8 cam PoE setup for a business warehouse, half indoor half outdoor. I've heard Axis and Bosch as recommendations for pro grade but they're sold through distributor channels for pro install, from what I can tell.

    Is there a solution out there more similar to the consumer stuff like Reolink but that will be maintenance free for many years to come?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/playswithtvs
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for a user manual - Anyone happen to know the model # of this home alarm?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Can I run a POE NVR system off a mesh WiFi network?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Hey all. Got a (hopefully) quick question. I just bought one of the Lorex 4k systems from Costco. My house is a single level 2000 square foot new build on a fairly small lot, fortunately in a pretty upscale neighbourhood, so spending a couple grand on a custom system isn't a high priority right now - cue the Lorex system on sale from Costco.

    What I'm wondering is: I have a den/computer room with the router setup beside my PC. I have a mesh WiFi system from my internet provider with two 'boost' devices (not extenders) throughout the house - they have an ethernet plug as well, for 'hardwiring' a device, and one of the devices is in the laundry room, where I would ideally have the NVR and monitor set up in a cupboard.

    Can I run the NVR off something like this, or does it need to be plugged into the router directly? I don't have the Lorex system until next week, but I'd like to start planning the layout and get some stuff set up in the meantime. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/canadiancopper
    [link] [comments]

    Using onvif cameras in new setup.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    Hoping someone has some suggestions for me. Here is my current camera setup. My car got broken into the other night because I have been unable to find a good solution yet.

    8x 720p onvif former cleverloop cameras (4 connected), cleverloop went bust and there base station & app no longer work. They were a great all in 1 solution that monitored the cameras and sent detection notification to IOS/android. lucky they are onvif certified so i can reuse them but whats the best solution.

    1x Dahua startlight IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E camera with both Mic and speaker connected. This camera can do 2 way audio and the speaker can be used to play sounds when people get to close to it. However I believe the only way to really use this is with a Dahua NVR? But I dont know for sure.

    1x EZVIZ DB1 doorbell camera which now has LAN view and can be seen by a browser etc.

    Here is what I want to do:

    Ive looked at 2 possible options already.

    1. Synology NAS with surveillance station which i have. I have no experience with it and do not know if it will with dahua tripwire or IVS. I believe the answer is no, however I want to confirm this and if it cant use tripwire and IVS could it be used with some other option in synology to trigger a sound played through the speaker connected to the z12e camera i have if someone gets to close?
    2. Zoneminder is seems can not do the IVS or tripwire either but cant it use its own features to trigger a sound to play through the z12e speaker?

    Those are my questions. Really hoping there is a solution out there that exists that can do this without needing to spend money on a dahua specific NVR.

    submitted by /u/madhits
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking advice for security camera system for a farm

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    I am helping a friend with his security camera system. He currently has a DVR system with four cameras. Two cameras on his home and two at his shed. All cameras are wired with the ones in the shed using buried CAT5 between the buildings. His current DVR was zapped a while back on the two ports to the shed. My guess is static electricity from buried cable got the ports, if I switch the shed cameras to the other ports they work.

    I helped him some time ago set up at Point to Point Wireless connection to his shed. So, he has wired and wireless Internet there via that wireless bridge.

    Is there a DVR NVR system the supports analog and IP cameras such that I could use his four analog cameras around his home and add IP cameras to his shed via the point to point wireless bridge? I would put a PoE switch in the shed for wired IP cameras or could use wifi, but powering them is an issue so may as well use PoE.

    Or should we just replace the whole system with new IP cameras?

    Any suggestions on best practices and equipment are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Eq2me
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment