• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 10, 2020

    Home security: Someone shot up my house with a BB gun.

    Home security: Someone shot up my house with a BB gun.


    Someone shot up my house with a BB gun.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    My best guess is that someone had a problem with the neighbor's highschool-aged kid, but was too stupid to get the address right.

    Two broken windows, with a trail of holes in the vinyl siding leading to one of them that tells me A) the criminal wasn't a very good shot, but was determined to break that window, and B), they were likely in a car on the street in front of my neighbor's house, rather than directly in front of mine. Probably 40-50' away, happened at night.

    In the event they decide to try again, what's my best bet for acquiring enough evidence for a criminal conviction? Windows aren't cheap, and I'm extremely vindictive.

    submitted by /u/PointlessScreenName
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm still blaring....

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    I was told to change the batteries to all the smoke detectors, which i did. The detectors have wires and seem to be connected to the alarm panel (our alarm system isnt set up).

    Even after changing every single battery we still get woken up by a blaring BEEEEP BEEEP BEEEEPPP. Its so loud it wakes you up from sleep, and im a pretty deep sleeper.

    i dont know what to do anymore, this used to happen occasionally, now it happens through the night as we try to sleep.

    submitted by /u/teresb
    [link] [comments]

    fire safety

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    i'm hoping this is the right sub to ask this, but if not, my bad.

    i was wondering if anyone could provide suggestions on products that are necessary in case of a house fire. i live on the second floor of an old building (mostly wood) and our stairs are metal, so it's kind of a nightmare for me if we were to have a fire.

    i've looked on amazon but i'm not sure what products would be appropriate if a major house fire were to happen. my bedroom window is above our metal staircase so i'm not sure if a fire ladder would be a great idea (the other large windows are on the opposite side of the house).

    any suggestions on affordable fire safety would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/okaydamn
    [link] [comments]

    Best recommendation for a single security camera?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    I have an apartment and it's on the second story. My bedroom window perfectly overlooks the small parking area where I park. It's very well lit at night but it's kind of a sketchy area.

    Given that my computer is literally right next to the window, I feel like it'd be foolish to not have a camera looking down at the parking lot to safeguard anything happening to my car. I'm in NY as well, so I don't think I have consent issues to worry about (one party consent state).

    Any recommendations? I'm not trying to break the bank. Ideally I'd like one that can plug right into my computer for power and storage.

    submitted by /u/FatBoyWithTheChain
    [link] [comments]

    Pre-wired house with old DSC. Looking for self-hosted replacement

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Hello!

    Our home came with preinstalled/pre-wired old DSC alarm with two keypads and I need to decide if I should just reset&reconfigure it to sound locally or if I should replace it with some other system altogether.

    I'd like it to sound locally, re-use the current wired sensors and be capable of reaching our cellphones (can be an in-app push notification). I'd also like to have two keypads without running additional power lines to them (like gocontrol panel, for example).

    I don't care about integration with other smart devices, locks or sprinklers.. I like the separation. However, HomeKit is a plus. I am not willing to pay $40-60 month for a contract or alarm.com..

    I had owned GoControl (1st gen) and it wasn't too bad, however i disliked the lack of "external connectivity" as it required a cellphone module with either a provider or alarm.com.

    Are there any options for me?

    submitted by /u/mm404
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment