• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 10, 2020

    Home security: Looking for cam storage advice.

    Home security: Looking for cam storage advice.


    Looking for cam storage advice.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Recently moved to a new house and set up 4 ip cameras with 2tb HDD, as of this moment if someone broke in and stole the NVR I'd be screwed. Looking for a way to make the recordings redundant per say, I want to have at least 2 copies of the recordings. I have 3 unused routers, wifi extender Ethernet cords countless PC's and other tech at my disposal. Can someone point me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/mechanical_genius
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a thieving neighbor

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    My sister has a piece of crap neighbor who has constantly been breaking into their property approximately 10 times a day. He has stolen a lot of property. Backstory: he's a crack head. Anyways, they have security cameras and he's been slipping through unplugging the camera. He will even do it while she's there. Once she was showering and she walked outside and there he was inside the house rummaging through their stuff. This guy is relentless. He's hoping the fence to get there and he knows the dogs because he lives on the property. She has called the cops. They are no help. I think because of the neighborhood they just don't care. They claim they need evidence that something has been stolen. I mean for Godsake he stole her boyfriends car battery. I need suggestions on what to do that they can stop him from trespassing and stealing. Nothing seems to deter this scum bag.

    submitted by /u/pippabridgette2019
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding setup of IP Cameras with POE Switch, Router and PC with BlueIris software

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    I had installed 4 IP cameras and connected them to the POE switch. I have a laptop with the BlueIris software. I had some trouble getting the entire system setup. After some reading, my understanding is that the system should be setup as shown in the imgur link below. Some questions I have is:

    1- Is the Router required? Can the switch connect directly to the PC with the Blue Iris software? If that's the case, how do you remotely view the cameras?

    2- If the Router is used in the system, does it need internet?

    3- Any resources on how to configure the cameras and router? My understanding is that I should make the cameras static IP (not sure how to do this yet). After this, I assume I have some configuring to do on the router? After configuring the router, I must have some configuring in the BlueIris software?

    Any feedback is appreciated!

    https://imgur.com/8ugyRlw

    submitted by /u/pjnorthyork
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor security camera recommendation

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    Hello I'm new to home security and the options for outdoor cameras are a bit overwhelming. I was hoping y'all could at least point me In the right direction. I want to get a least 1 maybe 2 outdoor cameras as we have been having an increasing amount of hooligans going around the neighbor looking for unlocked cars to take stuff from. I always lock my car when home but still feel a little unsafe. I've been doing research on outdoor cameras for a few weeks now but I'm still unsure what I should I do. Wireless or wired (poe), motion triggered recording or 24/7 recording, cloud storage or local storage, its all just too much! Lol I'm kinda leaning towards a simple wireless camera (blink, ring, Arlo, etc) rather than run wires all over but I've heard that wired is way more reliable. Also should I get a doorbell cam as well??

    submitted by /u/Hobbsy9242121
    [link] [comments]

    Security Camera Records Like A Cellphone

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    I have a Hiseeu security system. I am currently trying to send some videos over to police due to a drive by that recently happened. Thought he videos are coming out like they were recorded on a phone tall wise instead of wide. Anyone know how to change this?

    submitted by /u/Stinky_Pumbaa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment