• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    Home security: Punk kids breaking my fence

    Home security: Punk kids breaking my fence


    Punk kids breaking my fence

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    I need a camera. A few months ago, I noticed a few of the tops of my picket fence broken off. I suspected it was done on purpose but couldn't be sure. The fence was old and rotting in a few places. Recently, we fixed up the entire outside of our home. New paint, landscaping and repaired or new fences around our entire property. It's been done for less than a week. I'm a late sleeper, so I went out for my morning coffee and everything was fine. About 2 hours later, my husband went out to get a package. Another fence top is broken. Both times, the same group of kids on bikes were riding around. Pretty sure these are the same kids that bullied my son to tears in middle school. It's a tiny town, so they know where he lives. To say I'm livid is an understatement. They live about 3 houses down.

    So, home details and what I need: I live in a 1901 Victorian. There's only one outlet on the outside of the entire house. So I need a battery operated or rechargeable camera. I need three to cover the fence line. I need it to be efficient enough to catch a kid on a bike doing nefarious things to my fence. Wifi is best so I can see it on my phone. I need to be able to save video and send it to whoever necessary. It also needs to be affordable. I'd prefer something without a monthly payment plan. It's a large property, a double corner lot, so it needs to see a wide angle. I had the ring but I don't want to pay monthly and I found it needed to be charged too often.

    Suggestions?

    Side note: My husband already suggested hiding on the roof with a pellet gun. As much as the idea tickles a very evil part of me, I can't allow that. They are just kids. Lol

    submitted by /u/johnsgurl
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any outdoor wireless residential security cameras that are battery operated with rechargeable battery packs?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    I'd like to set up some outdoor wireless cameras around my house, like near some trees at eye level facing my driveway and road. It would be great if they could be operated on rechargeable battery packs (think wireless mics or digital SLRs). Video could be stored on a card or it could stream to a WiFi range extender by the garage. Preferably, they'd be $200 max per camera. Thanks for any advice!

    submitted by /u/dog2dogs
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good home security camera

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    I have been looking for a good security camera, i can't seem to find one that checks all my boxes. If anyone has any recommendations i would appreciate it. I don't wanna spend too much on it but ideally i want a wireless camera with decent quality both day and night and good range. Something that doesn't require a monthly subscription to save or record.

    submitted by /u/jhogarxia
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good camera system, I know nothing about them.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone. Hope ye are all staying safe during these strange times! I am here seeking help getting a camera system to set up here at my folks place. There has been many recent attempted dog-napping within our county and unfortunately quite a few successful ones too. With 12 dogs here I feel i need to set something up here for them.

    We have an acre of land and the house would take up a quarter of it along with a few sheds. We have plenty of trees, support beams, posts etc to attach them too. Can anyone recommend a moderately costing easy setup camera system. Hoping to set it up on 2 monitors in the house. Any help would be highly appreciated. Stay safe!

    Edit: Forgot to mention I am based in the EU

    Edit 2: The house itself would require at least 5 cameras to cover all areas. The sheds: roughly 50 foot/16 yards away from the house, would need two cameras.
    The land part would need to cameras roughly 75 foot/25 yards to cover an areas of pens and animal huts.
    The WIFI here is pure shite, so PoE it will have to be. I have a monitor at the ready. Budget would hen be in around €450-500. Thanks again everyone!

    submitted by /u/infinite_phoenix
    [link] [comments]

    New to home security. Please be kind.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    I'm in the market for a home security system (cameras, AV coverage, remote access while I'm at work etc.) and now I've become a bit paranoid to my at-home cyber security. So I suppose what the question is, is how can I ramp up the security of my ISP's provided hardware so that I can get a more peace of mind when adding more stuff to it? VPN? WPA2? I'm not sure. Also I'm looking for a cam system that I can access remotely and move around similar to a PTZ. Anything helps. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/sagealexander97
    [link] [comments]

    ADT Comm Failure - But not paying for monitoring

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I just bought a house with a hardwired ADT system. Previous homeowners told us the service would disconnect on 7/25 - a few days ago. I'm in the house now and it just registered a smoke alarm on the keypad -- says "Fire 06 Smoke Detector" -- but there is no siren of any kind, and definitely no fire anywhere.

    Also, the control panel says "COMM FAILURE."

    We aren't paying for monitoring, and aren't planning to use this system at all (we're going with a wireless system).

    Do I need to call ADT? Do I need to do anything?

    More importantly - how do I turn off the system completely? (And assuming I do so, I imagine I'll need to install new smoke and CO2 detectors, right?)

    submitted by /u/danl1221
    [link] [comments]

    Will long exposure to bright indirect sunlight damage my phone's camera?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    I'm considering using an old android phone to serve as a door camera. The door has a southerly exposure and gets lots of sun. Will having the phone's camera on 24/7, periodically exposed to bright, indirect, sunlight eventually damage the camera?

    If so, can I do something to prevent it? For the wiseguys, I know I can invest in a real security camera. I'm just looking at what I can do with what I already have.

    submitted by /u/sudsbrewer
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone identify this type of keyfob?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    I need to order a cheap copy online

    https://ibb.co/GPM4DWk

    Many thanks

    submitted by /u/LeanProducer
    [link] [comments]

    Your guys thoughts about vivint smart home?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    I personally think it's by far the best security system and their cameras are amazing

    submitted by /u/Noodle689
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment