• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    Home security: Blue Iris NVR - Off-site clip syncing

    Home security: Blue Iris NVR - Off-site clip syncing


    Blue Iris NVR - Off-site clip syncing

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Good camera recommendations?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    My mom bought a camera from Amazon a few months ago that basically bought its 5 star reviews so as you can imagine it sucks. Now I can't get it to power on or link with the wifi so I was hoping to get a good replacement that is able to see through windows well, has SD compatibility, and livestream capabilities. I also would prefer the setup be easy but if it stays set up then I dont mind a little more advanced setup. I'd prefer to stay on the cheaper side of cameras and it can plug into the wall. The use for this camera is to basically watch my backyard through my window since my neighbors keep spraying chemicals onto it that can hurt my dog and also their kids keep leaving trash all over my yard as well Any suggestions help and links or specific names of the cameras would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/CallousFox
    [link] [comments]

    ADT vs Ring

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    I'm thinking of leaving ADT for Ring. My friendly ADT salesman tells me that Ring-compatible (z-wave) fire alarms can't possibly be to code, which seems to contradict the Massachusetts fire department code, which permits wireless sensors. Further, he says it's utter madness to move from a wired to a wireless security system. In my case, both systems would use cell connectivity, so the only difference seems to be whether sensors are wired or wireless. Does anyone have any feedback on whether an ADT wired system is worth extra $50/month for fewer digital features at that money? We need both security and fire monitoring.

    submitted by /u/rimorob
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment