• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Home security: Sleeping with the window open

    Home security: Sleeping with the window open


    Sleeping with the window open

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    My mom is elderly with a number of health problems. She also sleeps in the living room in a recliner. Right next to her recliner are two windows. She has asked me repeatedly to sleep with the windows open as she likes the fresh air. I don't blame her. That's not too much to ask, but the safety aspect prevents me from giving the ok. She can't physically do it herself, so I would need to do it for her.
    I've told her countless times how this would be a bad idea from a safety standpoint. She doesn't seem to get it though.
    I've looked at window locks and they all seem flimsy. Even with them in place I can open the window.
    The only thing I haven't tried is some kind of bar or tension rod that would fit in between the top of the window and the frame above. I've seen things like this at Target and have been hesitant to buy it.
    Would this be a safe way to keep the window open at night? The window wouldn't be wide open, maybe 3-4 inches just to let some fresh air in. Also, I should note that she lives in a nice neighborhood. Not too much crime.

    submitted by /u/78Shams
    [link] [comments]

    Best home security options for a condo

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I am trying to figure out the best home security option for my condo.

    I don't know if I shoudl get something that is service based (I was looking into Kangaroo), or something that is just wifi based without a service.

    Does anyone have any recommendations for something that works great, or advice on what to avoid?

    I live in San Francisco, and being in a very urban area, just want to protect my home. The likelihood of an invader is unlikely, but just in case.

    submitted by /u/konorules22
    [link] [comments]

    Annoying neighbor, possible breakins

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm looking to install a security system in my home (inside and outside) due to suspicion that my neighbor wonders around the house (and possibly breaks in) while we're not home. Not a huge budget for this unfortunately.... found the option bellow and want your opinion. Important to consider, our home is a bit off the grid so internet connection or WiFi systems are not an option. Thank you!

    ZOSI H.265+ 1080p Home Security Camera System Outdoor Indoor, Security DVR 8 Channel with Hard Drive 1TB and 4 x 1080p Surveillance Bullet Camera, Remote Access, Motion Detection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NBT1W9A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5o9zEbFNNEAMK

    submitted by /u/cabcof
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment