• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Home security: Inherited HikVision (DS-7204HGHI-SH) system from builders. Any good how-to's?

    Home security: Inherited HikVision (DS-7204HGHI-SH) system from builders. Any good how-to's?


    Inherited HikVision (DS-7204HGHI-SH) system from builders. Any good how-to's?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    I have already managed to reset the administrator password using SADP and updated the firmware to the latest version. These are my initial questions but if you think theres anything else I should know please feel free

    • I have no idea what (3) cameras I have, and going through the settings I can't seem to find a model number listed by the DVR. All I know is that they look exactly the same outside, but that the back one is the only one with "Video & Audio" option. Rest are just video and I'd like to find out if that is a camera limitation? Any way short of grabbing a ladder and ripping them down?

    • Hik Connect works fine, but I notice it works when not connected to my home network. That bothers me for some reason and I'd much prefer to keep it local, and then possibly remote-in to a PC via other means if I wanted to check the cameras. Maybe that's stupid and feel free to tell me so, but options?

    • Research shows some saying these things "phone home" and need to be locked down (and others saying that's BS but why risk it). How? UPNP is already disabled.

    submitted by /u/Celriot1
    [link] [comments]

    DMP System Link Software

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Hello all, hopefully this is allowed. The computer our security software was installed on, DMP System Link, died. While I thought I had everything backed up apparently our License Key did not make the journey with the rest of the software. Any security pros that can look up my license from a DB or sell me a new one without bending me over?

    submitted by /u/KyserTheHun
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of connection is this? Is it POE or something else?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment